layout

6/05/2014

Best Birthday Yet!

Luke had a pretty fantastic birthday. I should probably be more modest, but in the realm of 5th birthdays, I hit this one out of the park.
Ellie was in charge of the door decor which made me ever so happy because I was really excited to crawl into bed. She also made cupcakes (while I was at Costco buying more cupcakes). If you're lucky you get to have a 12 year old like Ellie.
Everyone woke up before I got home, so I missed his face when he opened the door, but he was pretty excited to learn it was in fact his birthday. Luke has a habit of not sleeping when he's really looking forward to something, so I told him his birthday was two days away.
We started off with donuts for breakfast because every child loves them, they take zero effort on my part and look festive with candles in them.

Next up was a trip to the movies with some of Luke's favorite friends.

That afternoon was Luke's party. I tried to make it as easy on myself as possible and got a giant water slide. I put my big kids in charge of policing the little kids and making icees.

Easiest party ever. I had to drag the kids away from the slide to open presents and eat cake.





Then everyone wanted a candle in their cupcake to blow out.

 After the official party was over, we kept the party going with more friends at the after party.

For dinner Luke requested McDonald's. I tried really hard not to be totally grossed out and agreed to it because he looked like it would make him so very happy. And honestly, I think he just wanted the toy that comes with the Happy Meal.
We ended the night outside once again. My friend Lindy had a movie night on their blow up screen, complete with nacho and popcorn machines.  She was super sweet to let me bring a giant chocolate cake so we could continue celebrating Luke.

The only thing that would have been the cherry on top was if Dustin had been in town to celebrate with us. It was truly a celebration worthy of Luke!

No comments: