layout

6/21/2014

More Summer

For Father's Day weekend we spent the day on the lake boating with friends.

Kristin and Darcy are the best boat hosts and always make sure everyone gets as much time out on the board as they want. We spent about 8 hours out on the lake and I loved every minute of it.
With Darcy as driver and Jared as coach, every single one of us got up and surfing. It took me a few tries to get up, but once I did, I got a nice long run in.

We had probably the lowest key Father's Day ever and I realized we didn't even get a picture of Dustin and the kids until we were headed up to take him to the airport.
We are so lucky to have Dustin!!

While he was out of town on a business trip, I sent Ellie off to her first week of Girl's Camp.
I wish I had more details to share, but she didn't say too much other than that she loved it.
Dustin got to go up early and see her on Bishop's night which is a special treat we won't get to have much longer. She came home dirty, sleepy and happy.

Meanwhile back at home we did our usual routine: movies, Big Surf, swimming. . . but we added in doctor's appointments and puzzles!
After well checks, I wanted to run over to Trader Joe's and the kids saw the dollar store. They begged me for a quick trip since they had been so great at the Pediatrician's. Nate picked out a 500 piece puzzle -- NOT pictured above. If I can give you one word of advice, it would be, never buy a dollar store puzzle. The pieces are paper thin and barely fit together. Out of the 500 pieces, about 200 were the exact same color of blue sky. After much frustration, I just went out and bought Nate a real puzzle. 750 pieces later, I have learned my lesson: puzzles are not something you skimp on.

No comments: