layout

10/16/2014

More Fall Break Fun

We didn't just go to Utah for break -- we had some fun back home too!

We have the best neighbors, so the kids spent most of the day running back and forth between houses. I  did manage to wrangle them into a game or two of Go Author! Complete with British accents!

We also went Halloween costume shopping for Luke. The rest of the kids are making theirs.
 
My sister's best friend from Colorado just moved to Arizona so we made some new friends!
 

Ellie dressed up as the Lollipop Fairy for a Candyland Themed mutual.
 

We hiked Picacho Peak with some friends.
 

It was only in the 80s, but it was stinking hot. We took shade whenever we could.

I lucked out and got the baby!

Picacho Peak is the site of the Western most battle in the Civil War. FACT! Well, I think they call it a skirmish because only 3 people died. Ellie had to choose a Social Studies project for over break and we made an epic poster.


And last but not least -- we had a birthday party for Nate at Xtreme Air. It was worth every penny I spent to just show up and read a book.
I'm so glad this wasn't in my house:
It was a great break. So great I wasn't even ready to send the kids back to school. I already can't wait for Christmas!

No comments: