layout

10/13/2014

Utah 2014 -- Provo Days

After the game, we stayed in for a few more days. Saturday morning we just hung out with my sister and her friends and let the kids run around. My kids love their cousins.
The weather was gorgeous for October in Utah, but I was a little sad that I couldn't even wear my boots.

We also had tickets to General Conference for Saturday afternoon session. As we were changing to head out, Dustin realized that he had forgotten his tie. He insisted that he didn't need one, but I was convinced he would be the only one in the entire conference center without a tie. On our way out of the hotel, I casually asked the front desk clerk if he had an extra tie. SO, here is Dustin wearing our hotel clerk's tie.
 Of course then we sat down and the guy sitting next to us had a t-shirt on.

After Conference, we picked up dinner for everyone and headed back to spend more time with my sister and her kids. Around nine at night, the girls decided we needed second dessert (we had already had Rita's water ice) so we headed to the Chocolate decked out in our PJs.
Actually, I still had my church shirt and jewelery on. Business up top and yoga pants on the bottom. Basically, I was a mullet.

We spent Sunday catching up with old friend. Tasha was kind enough to host us for breakfast, lunch and both sessions of Conference. We usually spend Conference with Molly and Meredith (my childhood friends from Oregon) so it was perfect to spend it with Tasha (also from Oregon) instead.
Our kids had the best time because they all have a friend at the Hortin's
 

And Dustin felt so at home that he just fell asleep in between sessions. This is also a Conference tradition.

After Tasha's house, we headed out to meet with the Casabar's. We became friends when we moved into the same married apartment complex in college and no trip to Utah is complete unless we see them.
 
You could technically say that Bria was Ellie's first friend since we all still lived in Union Square when these two girls were born.

We've had a few more kids since then.

Monday morning we woke up early to hike the Y. This was our best trip up yet. Maybe because we had plenty of time so I didn't feel like I had force anyone up the mountain. Luke is seriously a champion hiker.
 The fall colors were gorgeous and made me miss living somewhere with seasons.

 As a reward we took the kids to the Chocolate (they were very upset when they heard the moms were going without them Saturday night) before we headed to Southern Utah.


Provo always feels like home. I actually lived there longer than anywhere up to that point in my life. I met this handsome guy there.
We started our family there.  Made great friends. So many happy memories. I don't think I'll ever get sick of doing the same things over and over again!

No comments: