layout

11/25/2014

Birthday Girl!

I love my birthday. Love love love it.
 
 This year we started off the celebration by going out to dinner at Beckett's Table. Everything was delicious, and Molly even ate soft cheese and LIKED it (best present ever)!

After dinner we all headed back to play games at our house and all the girls hopped in bed to be funny. Luke came in and thought it was the coolest.thing.ever.
 

My actual birthday was Sunday and Dustin surprised me by canceling all of his church meetings. It was so fun to have him home. We even got out the Christmas decorations and started putting up the tree -- one of my absolute favorite things to do!
 

After dinner we headed over to Kristin's for dessert. . . which ended up end up being a surprise dessert party.  My favorite kind. Kristin knows me well.
 
Everyone brought one of my favorite desserts -- Montana sheet cake, chocolate chip cookies, coconut gooey butter cake. . . I loved it all so much that I ate a serving of everything. I think there were 9 desserts there.

Monday we celebrated at the gym -- which meant I got to wear a weight vest the entire workout. Boo!
 
Kristin also knows how much I love party hats. I feel badly for subjecting everyone else to them non their birthdays because they are not easy to workout in. Especially since the straps are obviously man-sized.

Luckily I had burned those extra calories so I could eat the cake Susy brought over.
 
 All weekend long people stopped by with flowers, cards and little gifts. It was perfection. I got to wear my sweet new puffy vest out for birthday lunch with my girlfriends. I had been dying for one forever but I kept saying they were too impractical to justify the expense.
 
It was such a perfect birthday weekend and I can't thank my friends and family enough. I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many thoughtful and wonderful people. One of the gifts my friends got me said #loved on it and I definitely felt loved that weekend.

No comments: