layout

5/20/2015

May Days

May was a good month for our family. The end of the school year is always a little stressful but there is just something wonderful knowing that summer is coming!

Dustin came back from staying with his parents in Iowa and brought us all Iowa shirts.

We finished up sports for the season.
Sadie managed to find her stride at softball during the last game. I caught her excitement as she came home for her second run of the night.

I was selected to chaperone the 4th grade field trip.
I had heard to scavenger hunt was hard, so I came prepared with a plan of which monuments we were going to in which order so we could knock that baby out. Too bad it rained and foiled my plan! At least it wasn't hot.

Ellie decided she wanted to learn to make deviled eggs. And she did!

 The kids entertained themselves with nothing more than a roll of paper and markers

It was warm enough to go boating. . .
 And then the next day it was so cold I needed a sweater and the fire turned on during dinner out.

 For 4th grade Famous Arizona reports the kids had to wear their costumes all day. I about died when I walked out to the playground during 4th grade recess to see a bunch of boys in suits. I was a little worried that Nate would not come home with something to wear on Sunday.
Nate got 100% on everything -- presentation, report and essay! Which he totally should have because it consumed our lives for a month straight.

Luke also rocked his end of the year tests!


We started making our summer bucket list. I asked Ellie what she wanted to do, and she only had 4 items on her list: sleep overs, Tennessee, Big Surf and Waffle Love. Luckily they were right by our house the very next day.
  

And my long lost cousin came to town! He's actually my mom's cousin but we love when Ryan shows up.
And with that we were ready for summer!

No comments: