layout

5/10/2015

Mother's Day

Mother's Day weekend was a mixed bag this year.

It started off so lovely when my husband had cookies from Levain bakery in New York delivered to me. Ridiculously delicious.
And it was also my LAST Mother's Day Tea with a Kindergartener. Luke is so loving that you can't help but feel like the most important person in the world.

And then Friday afternoon we heard that Dustin's dad had fallen off of his stool and broken his hip. It was a scary news as he has Parkinson's and isn't in the best of health. He would need to have surgery soon.

We were all obviously worried as we tried to carry on with the weekend and figure out when surgery would be.
Nate's team had their championship game and Dustin managed to help coach them to another win!

Dustin ended up flying out Saturday night and was able to be there in time to see his dad come out of surgery.
We were sad to not have Dustin on Mother's Day, especially since he had cancelled all of his Sunday meetings and he hadn't been in town for more than a few days at a time since January, but we all knew he should be with his mom and dad. I am so grateful that he was able to be there to support his mom as she went through such a difficult time.

My kids did a great job spoiling me.

After church I was treated to a pedicure with cold water in my mixing bowl and TWO lunches that were almost identical. Luke and Sadie were having a competition to see whose lunch I like better.
 
I ordered a turkey sandwich with cheese and mustard. Sadie brought me a sandwich with turkey and mustard and Luke brought me a sandwich with turkey and cheese. So I put the two together and called it good.
They even set a fancy table for dinner. And made me a trophy!! I love these kids and I'm so grateful to be their mother.

No comments: