layout

3/24/2009

POORAY! POORAY!

"POORAY" is Sadie's term for Hooray! She also says "scoon" instead of spoon. It always cracks me up.

Anyway, POORAY! that school is back in session. It was fun having everyone home, but I think I could do without 3 kids following me everywhere and needing to be entertained. I think I've been to/had enough play dates to last awhile. Here are some of the things they came up when they had to entertain themselves:

Fashion Show



Taking random pictures with mom's camera
One day I was cleaning the playroom and Nate walked in. I asked him if he'd put something away for me. "I didn't come in here to help Mom, I came in here to do nothing."

And I wish I could post pictures of Ellie's "spa" but Sadie is stark nekkid and a little too old to make it blog appropriate. Just picture a foot bath turned wrong.

Yesterday Ellie came with me to my OB appointment. It was nice to have her company since I had to do my glucose test so we were there for an hour. But we also got a 3rd trimester ultrasound in. True to my beautiful 6-7 pound babies, Luke will be a nice easy size to pop out. POORAY! Boo-ray to having to go to appointments every 2 weeks now.

Ellie was just sitting there chatting with me for the entire hour when she went on a huge list of things she would like to be when she grows up. Things like a house designer, restaurant maker, and my personal favorite: someone who gives you driving tests and tell you how well you drive. My daughter wants to grow up to work at the DMV. POORAY! Does that mean I'll never have to wait in line again?

One of the jobs Ellie listed was fashion designer, which reminded me of Sunday. I was looking at the kids pictures from class and trying to figure out what on earth either one had to do with the Holy Ghost. Ellie explains, "Mine is a fashion model because the Holy Ghost makes me happy when I think of being a Fashion Designer." Awesome! Nate's was of a cousin which he kept calling Micheal, but after listing off all of his *actual* cousins, we determined it was Jake.

And one last POORAY for potty training. Sadie will do just about anything if she gets candy after wards. Even if it means going pee every 5 minutes. It actually started off yesterday when I was storing Sadie's cold weather clothes and getting the summer stuff out.Ellie actually wore this outfit when she was learning to WALK. And Sadie is already 2. There -- in the midst of all the clothes -- was Ellie's princess underwear. Sadie insisted on wearing them, I was running out of diapers. . . so I figured it was a fair compromise. Let's hope this is my one and only attempt at this and I'll be diaper-free for a few months!

Oooooh, and POORAY! The FedEx guy just showed up with a VERY awesome package. I'm so stinking excited - a new carseat and jogging stroller for Luke. My mom and sister ROCK!

26 comments:

Kathleen said...

i wish i could see sadie every day

Molly said...

Your mom and sister do rock! Lucky you and lucky Luke. Are you seriously on two week appointments now? That is amazing. Wow, your pregnancy is going so fast for me! I'm sure it is for you too, right??? Cute kids, love the fashion designer holy ghost picture. Crossing my fingers on the potty training, go Sadie!

Holly said...

Maybe I don't even need to ask...but is Nate wearing a leotard in that first pic? Do you remember Lucas and Mindy O from Union Square??? They wanted to name their kid Luke (after Lucas) so they could say "LUKE...I am your FATHER." Fun fun!!!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Oh I just love those little saggy panties on Sadie! Ellie is a crack up, funny that she wants the job so she can compliment them on there driving.

Chelsea said...

How mean and evil am I if I don't cross my fingers for you and Sadie's potty training? We have seriously been going on MONTHS of on again off again p.t. at our house. Last week he went FIVE whole days with no accidents and dry at night even, and then had an accident and wanted to be "baby" again. I too had no more diapers and was so angry about buying more. So I bought Target brand ones. Luckily they haven't leaked on me. But that just shows how mad I was!
But the real besty in me would be very excited for you since you are going to be doing extra diaper duty soon, so I'll cross one hand. Deal?

Lara Neves said...

Definitely Pooray on the potty training! Sophie is basically trained, but is fickle about it, so she prefers diapers some days. Not sure how to address that...

I like Ellie's idea of the HOly Ghost.

Brenda Janda said...

Congrats on the potty training. Go Sadie!!!
I can't believe it is almost time for little Luke to come. I can't wait to hold all these cute babies getting born.
Sadie looks so grown-up and her dimple is to die for. What a cutie.
Ellie is so sweet and mature.
Nate will be the best big brother ever.
How fun.

Amy F. said...

That would rock if Sadie go potty trained before Luke arrived! ;)
Suh-weet on the jogging stroller. You better believe you and I will be out there running together!
I love the pic of Nate in the fashion show (in the leotard?). Seriously, so funny!
I can't wait for my 28 week ultrasound (but not the glucose test, bleh!!). How neat that Ellie got to go!

Kathleen said...

p.s. if sadie was so easy to "pop" out no more complaints about the all naturale thing!

this is seriously something that kept me up last night.

Rach said...

So, Nate is still wearing the tu tu? Yeah for potty training!! Hopefully she will be all done when the baby comes, two in diapers is so not fun.

Amber said...

Yay for Sadie on the potty training! When Caden was born Jake was 17 months, so I can personally say it is not so fun at all to have two in diapers!

You and Amy totally need to drag me out of the house to run with you guys. The elitpical trainer isnt cutting it anymore!

The fashion show is too cute, especially the pic of Nate in the Tu-Tu. Hilarious!!

And Luke--Love the name!! Cannot wait to meet your little guy. He will soon be running around with all the others on the street! Too fun!

How fun that Ellie got to go with you to your appt!

Anonymous said...

Pooray for all!

Anonymous said...

When I grow up I want to be Ellie, Nate and Sadie's Grandma! OOOOh! I got my wish! I love you!

Casey said...

We almost named Brady "Luke". Good name. I take it your glucose test went well...POORAY!!!

Rickie said...

Pooray for your hillarious blog post. All I have to say is that is totally NOT FAIR if you get another easy potty-trainer. What am I doing wrong? And, I thought the pink tu-tu went bye-bye? Talk to you soon,

Rogers said...

I love reading your blog. Cutest kids ever who make the cutest comments ever! Potty training oh the memories it makes me grateful those days are over.

Sadie's Gama said...

We need a potty training update! Love you!

Kat said...

You got a new jogging stroller! how awesome. I expect you'll be out running 3x week with amy and or jill or someone else? :) Hope you are feeling as good as you can! Did Jill tell you I'm coming to town next week? We must get together! Monday April 6 we are goin out!! Also, I'll be there with Scott for work the week of April 20- just hanging at some hotel for a few days... so maybe then too :)
p.s- did Nate really say that bit about not helping you?? lol

Meredith said...

Every 2 weeks? I don't think I have ever really done that....and you have a LONG way to go...like until August! ;)

Lisa said...

i must have missed where you said you were naming your baby luke. i love that name!!

Kerry said...

I missed the naming of the new boy too! I LOVE Luke! What a good name!

That photo of Nate kind of frightens me. LOL! I have a few like that of Trevor. Megan used to dress him up. Part of having a big sister I suppose! LOL!

Yay for potty training!!!!

Grandma said...

WE NEED A POTTY TRAINING UPDATE!
WE NEED NEW PICTURES!
IT'S BEEN WELL OVER A WEEK!

Love you!

Grandma said...

Need those new pictures that you took last night. You know the ones -- Sadie doing sommersaults. Need to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Brown said...

I am still laughing about what Nate said to you :). So fun! And I sure hope Sadie takes to potty training for you!! I am still counting my blessings that Derek is done with it.

Sadie's very sad Grannie said...

Do you realize that even your father is counting the days since you last posted? You never let me talk to the kids on the computer you never update. Do I have to send all the kids Easter gifts to your sister?

Anonymous said...

naturally like your [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com]prix sac longchamp[/url] website but you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. sac longchamp prix [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com]piscine longchamp[/url] , A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to tell the reality however I will surely come back again.