layout

3/06/2009

Wow -- was that almost a week?

Sunday was not a good day for me so maybe that's why I disappeared for awhile. In the space of about 15 minutes I got the following comments: "You look like you're going to burst" "You're looking rolly poley" and "You look like you're going to pop." Lesson learned: I will not be wearing that dress ever again. I still have 15 weeks left people!

I then decided to go on a diet and cut all the bread and dessert out of my life. Until 7 pm tonight that is. When we finally rounded up the kids and Dustin was done working, we opted for pizza and Planet Earth. Oh and that yummy piece of toast earlier today. Who am I kidding -- we all knew I wouldn't last long. I've decided to bring that whole, "You look glowing" thing back. How come no one says that any more? You can be fat AND glowing, right??

Back to Sunday and Sadie: after I cried in the car for a few minutes -- I'm pregnant, I'm allowed a few hormonal moments -- we could focus on the fact that Sadie had been acting funny all day. She actually SAT throught Sacrament Meeting and cried in Nursery. Usually she demands to be taken to Nursery directly after the water. Two days later with a fever we took her in and sure enough it was an ear infection.

You know Sadie is sick when she'll just fall asleep in my arms. I loved actually getting to hold her, but she seemed to have an extreme case of paranoia. She'd be sitting there quietly and suddenly bolt straight up crying, "MY BABY! MY BABY! Where's my baby???" One morning she was having trouble sleeping so I brought her in bed with me around 5 am. Dustin was already off at the gym and Sadie couldn't not go back to sleep because she was so concerned about Dustin missing. "Where's my dad? I need my dad." Poor baby :( Please stop taking my picture mom.

2 doses of antibiotics later and good old wild girl Sadie is back. I tried taking her out for a run in the jogging stroller and she kept trying to climb out and pick flowers. The first day she was feeling better, she found a pair of Ellie's underwear in a laundry basket, put it on over her clothes and ran up to Nate, "I like your underwear Nate." Obviously she couldn't even see his, she was just waiting for him to compliment her back.

New favorite toy: Dora and her babies. It's a big sister Dora doll we bought for Ellie long ago as a reward and I think Sadie loves it more than Ellie ever did.

Nate is as passionate and funny as ever. I got out the Easter stuff and he was so excited to see the plastic eggs. He plays Easter Bunny over at his friend, Daven's house, so he decided this would be the perfect game to play with Sadie. It was not the perfect game. Sadie would not pretend to be asleep and she would not hunt for eggs. Even worse, when it was her turn she just ran away with eggs instead of hiding them. Poor Nate was really distraught over the whole thing, so the plastic eggs have disappeared.

Ellie had student lead conferences this week and I have to say -- that girl is such a joy! She's just so sweet and thoughtful and you can tell she tries so hard to be good. She wrote us the cutest letter:

Dear Mom and Dad,

I am so lucky you help make me a great *insert name of school here* student! Mom, I love it when you comb my hair so I look like a star! Dad thank you so much for helping me do my very hard homework. Mom and Dad I love it when you pack my yummy lunch. I love you as much as a beautiful rose.

Love, Ellie

When we were done with Conferences, we ran to Target to pick up some goodies where Ellie insisted that she needed black leggings to wear the next day for Black and White day. They've been studying penguins all quarter, so this was the big hoorah -- they got to wear black and white clothes and bring in a black and white snack. Of course I agreed to the leggings. My memory's not so far gone that I can't remember needing jelly shoes about that same age. We whipped up some heart shaped homemade oreos and then in an effort to get rid of the rest of the frosting forced cookies on our friends. La la la - beautiful day.

Fast forward to this morning. I can't find the leggings. Ellie has decided she doesn't want to wear the leggings so she hid them. It took every ounce of patience to remember what a good girl that kid is, but dang it if I hadn't bought those leggings on special request for today and she was going to wear them. I hunted them down and insisted she wear them. Meanest mom ever?

Lucky for me I was up in her class teaching Art Masterpiece today when she hugged me, "Thanks for making me wear my leggings mom." Drat, all that work and I didn't get a picture of the leggings!

And with that -- we're on break. WOO HOO!!!

16 comments:

Rickie said...

You just looked glowing today!! I'm totally serious. I don't know what planet those people that made those mean comments live on, obviously a strange one. Because you look great!! I was laughing at the easter bunny story even though you already told me about it. It must be a fun game because they seriously played it for like an hour straight the last time Nate was over here. PS thanks for the awesome cookies. You are too sweet. I hope you ate some, too.

Holly said...

How funny that she hid the leggings and you hunted them down and made her wear them! HA!
Seriously...why are people saying such mean things to you? I don't know what to say! I would be crying too! I KNOW you look great pregnant...so...those people can just suck it:o)
Since you're on break...why don't you come up here for another visit? We'd love to see you, and Bria is dying to play with Ellie again! Is that a good enough excuse for a trip to Utah?

Lara Neves said...

Why are people so insensitive? Were these women who have ever been pregnant? What is wrong with them?

Seriously, Sadie and Sophie are twin spirits sent to different homes. Sophie was sick last week, and I could have written exactly what you did. Now she is into having her baby doll throw up in a bowl and then gives her medicine.

I love Ellie's note. So adorable.

And Nate playing the Easter Bunny.

Your kids are awesome.

Rach said...

"You're looking roley poley"?? Seriously who says that? Glad Sadie is feeling better. What a sweet note from Ellie!!

Anonymous said...

blessed beyond measure, indeed. how perfect.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Nate hamming it up in the street is just the best. We both just want to pick him up and give him a great big hug! It is so NATE!

Poor baby Sadie -- I would love to just sit and cuddle her. I am so glad she is feeling better!

I love Ellie -- she is such an angel no matter what she does -- in my eyes she can do no wrong!

Love you!

Rogers said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. Love the new background. cutest kids ever! I know I haven't seen you recently, but you were always adorable pregnant!

swampbaby said...

You lost me at "taking her out for a run in the jogging stroller"...huh??? What's that mean? I haven't ran anywhere since November. Good for you!

And I know what you mean about the comments. There is one lady at church who without fail from about 4 months on will comment to me, "My, my! You are rounding out nicely!" every.time.I.see.her.

I can always tell when I have "the look" because the question everyone asks me is "Uh, so when are you due again?" Oh the joys!! Hang in there!

Lisa Brown said...

Love the note from Ellie - and good for you letting her have the black leggings :). This last time I went clothes shopping for Lily, I took her with me and gently guided her, but let her choose. I am tired of buying her cute cloth es she doesn't want to wear. I hope Sadie is feeling better.

Larson's said...

Pleeeeeease! If I looked that great when I was pregnant, i might have another one.ha ha! I really wouldn't but, no worries, you are so cute pregnant! I will have to come up with some easter egg games at preschool just for Nate.

Meredith said...

I actually love a sicky - they will actually cuddle and snuggle and make you remember what it was like when they were a baby and would let you hold them. Easter stuff...gotta get on that. And we loved penguin day last year - that leggings story? Total classic. I am glad you made her wear them too. Meanie!!

Megan said...

I hate ear infections. we just did that here too.
I want to play Easter Bunny with Nate.

Amy F. said...

That was a really cute update! It was good to catch up with you guys today! I needed that.
And again, it blows my mind and baffles me all at once that you, my little, petite Maddy could be labeled as any of those things! ;)
Girl, you take such good care of yourself and you always look terrific! I'm thinking to myself half the time, 'Amy, why couldn't you have just ordered the chicken salad. Maddy's pregnant and that's what she did.' Funny right? No really, I admire you so much!
I adore reading about your kids. They all have their own special personality. They are luck (blessed) to have you guys as their parents.

Amber said...

Girl, just remember what I looked like when I was pregnant with Adysen and you will instantly feel better! I had not only gained a bunch of weight, but I had total shrek ankles, I was so swollen! You look FANTASTIC!!! Seriously. I am still trying to get this off a year later, talk about pathetic!

Your kids are so adorable! I loved the update on them. They are all sweetie pies!

Oh, what do you have picked out for names?????

Anonymous said...

are you honored i checked your blog from italy

i cannot find the question mark on this dang computer

love ya!

Lisa said...

your children are beautiful. and i can actually see you glowing from here!!!