layout

5/05/2009

Stylin' Sadie


Besides just a total lack of blogging mojo, I spent last week running around like crazy. If I wasn't running some kid somewhere or working on a teacher appreciation/student teacher good bye/art masterpiece project, I was running after Sadie with a fresh diaper or the throw up bucket and we won't even start on Nate's naughty spell last week. Just when I thought she was better, her little stomach bug returned full force. Of course not until after I had taken her out and about to spread her disease. So far no one else has been infected, but with swine flu fears running rampant I feared being austricized. I also feel like the fates are against any potty training I may have considered attempting.

When she wasn't be sick, Sadie was wowing the world with her newest obsession: sunglasses. She has to wear these EVERYWHERE. To church, the gym, her bath, dinner. . . it takes quite the compromise to convince her she doesn't need to wear them to bed. The only mistake in choosing them: they're tinted light pink, so everyone always asks if they're real. Oops!

Now that she is feeling better her appetite has really picked up. I spent the first few days giving her anything she asked for because I was so anxious to get some meat back on her little body. One day she asked for crackers right after I had already gotten up and down a few times to get her some food. Finally I said, "In a minute Sadie." Then Sadie says, "Knock Knock." Who's there? "Crackers." Crackers who? "Go get me some crackers."

17 comments:

Danika said...

Thanks for all your hard work in Rm 8 this year! :)

Natalie's had that nasty stomach virus over here too. It's taken me a whole bottle of Febreze to get the horrible smell out of our "vomit-mobile" (as it's now called).

Sarah said...

I was cracking up when I saw her wearing them at church! What a character. I'm glad she's feeling better.:)

Michelle said...

oh my goodness! i don't think i have ever laughed so hard as when i opened this post and saw those pink shades! sadie looks so grown up and so smart! what a funny, smart dolly! i love it! and i love all of you!

Steve and Sarah said...

She is so cute. I am glad she is better. Potty training....ahhhhh. If you find the magic trick please share. Trevor totally reverted.

Kathleen said...

why does she have angelina jolie pouty lips?

crackers story cracked me up so hard my tum tum hurts

mystery boo papa said...

her knock knock joke is pretty darned sophisticated. cute, and a genius to boot!

m = michelle said...

the only thing cuter than a little kid with glasses, is Iris with glasses! HAHAH okay, maybe not.

love the knock knock joke! i'll have to remember that one!

Brenda Janda said...

Love that little girl. I am cracking up over the crackers joke. She is a smart one, watch out.

Brenda Janda said...

Love that little girl. I am cracking up over the crackers joke. She is a smart one, watch out.

Rickie said...

Sweet, adorable, lovable, hillarious sadie.

Meredith said...

Those glasses were cracking me up last week. And the barfs? Good thing we didn't get 'em 'cuz I would have blogged about my crappy friends who send their sick kids to my house to give us the vomits!

Kaelene said...

Knock knock! Ha ha ha ha ha This kid gets it . . . better look out for MANY more of those jokes!
I'm glad that she's done barfing! That is the ONE thing that scares me about motherhood . . . I'm a sympathetic vomiter!!

Lara Neves said...

Man, I hate when they are so sick like that.

The Knock Knock joke is the funniest thing I've read in months! Go Sadie!

Lindsay said...

What a little comedian! LOL. Hope she gets better soon!

Chelsea said...

Sadie is hilarious! And quite a genius child with her talking skills.
Can she please teach Cash?

Melissa said...

The flu and potty training our my two nightmares. I am so sorry you had them both at the same time. Definitely not a good combo.

I love the pink shades. Ava has some Barbie pink glasses that she loves, but she wears hers upside down. We've had our share of strange glances.

Lisa Brown said...

Poor Sadie - and you. Hope she is all better now!