layout

5/17/2009

The end is near!

I can't believe summer is almost here! Every year we go through multiple signs that it's just around the corner and here are some of this year's:

1. The heat. I can't believe it's been in the 100s for weeks now. I am DYING! Luckily for me the kids love swimming. Of course I got burnt our first time out and am still paying for it.

I love my neighbors! I'm just sick that half of them are moving this summer.

2. School craziness. After I finally got through Teacher Appreciation, including another fun scavenger hunt, I thought I'd be done, but there's still plenty of school stuff on the calendar. Only 12 more days!! I can't wait to sleep in! Of course we start swim lessons the very next day. Our door -- each kid did their own flip flop. Notice the 3-D coconuts, sand castle and bucket. It was fun coming up with stuff.

3. Mother's Day. As always my husband and kids are amazing and spoil me like crazy. All my favorite foods including baked french toast and fresh baked cookies, fun gifts from school and a shopping trip with Daddy, and I got another Mother's Ring -- Nate's birthstones this time. I even asked the kids not to fight and can you believe they DID IT?? They were on their best behavior (minus church, man I should have stayed home for that one) and did everything I asked them to happily. I even got a bubble bath out of the deal.

My favorite part of any holiday is the cards the kids pick out for me. You never know what you're going to end up with. Like Sadie's Duck card from my "baby boy." I was trying to con my gifts out of the kids when they came home from the store so I kept asking Sadie what she got me. Mainly she said, "stuff," but finally one day I got, "I got you a card! Yeah, a DUCK CARD!" Only Ellie is known for her excellent secret keeping ability.

Ellie's school gift included this little letter:
Dear Mom,
We go together like a nice mom and a 7 year old daughter. Mother we go together like brown yummy chocolat and cold white milk. Mommy we go together like a toddler and a baby. You are the best mom ever. Love, Ellie.


The only thing that could have made the holiday better were if our moms were here to have over for dinner.

4. My ever expanding belly. Can this just be over? And why do people feel the need to say, "You look like you're going to pop?" I SWEAR I will never say those words in my entire life.

Dustin and I went out last Saturday night and in our 4 hour date I peed 6 times. Sometimes I can't believe we're having another baby so soon, but most of the time it feels like I'm going to be pregnant forever. I had to stop running and now even when I'm walking on the treadmill, my right leg has started going numb. SO FUN!

The only thing I'm proud of: I can still wear all my rings. Although, I'm sure not for long. Notice my new Mother's ring! I tried to take a serious photo and felt like a dork, so this is what you get.

So there you go! What we've been up to as the end of school/3 kid-dom approaches!

17 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I feel for you, sister! Being pregnant in an Arizona summer is the worst thing imaginable. That's why I'm moving to Michigan!

Danika said...

You did a great job on the door!

Lucky you - your kids actually sleep in during the summer. Mine are up even earlier because it's light out earlier. We're talking 5:45 a.m.!!!! It just makes the long, hot, summertime of three kids arguing all day feel even longer...

Meredith said...

I told a guy at the paint store last year that he was old and short after he said something ridiculous about me being sooo pregnant. You are a very lucky mommy indeed. Maybe I can be your neighbor.

Megan said...

It never stops being busy does it? Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day.

Janel said...

You are such a cute cute preggo girl, but I know its so miserable. I'm sick about your neighbors too! And FABULOUS job on the door!! I love it, and you know I am one of those who has had to do it and can appreciate how much work goes into TA week. Especially the DOOR. Its nice to see the standards are higher than ever around there even after I left :D LOL

Amy F. said...

How fun would it be to do a Father's day breakfast on Saturday morning or something, for the Dad's on our street? I'll volunteer my house!! I could do an omelet bars -I can make a mean omelet. Guys like good ole sausage, bacon, eggs & potatoes, oh, and some pancakes and french toast -all easy things to prepare!

Amy F. said...

(that was my comment to your last post...)
So, hang in there! Oh, and you are obviously staying well hydrated if you're peeing that much and still wearing rings! I am now on a mission to drink 2 gallons a day, and I'm doing pretty good. I do not want to swell up!
I'm so excited for your little baby to get here!

Rickie said...

You are getting so close to that baby BOY getting here. I can't wait to meet him, he is going to be adorable like all your other kiddos. I love Sadies card, she always likes to be memorable!

swampbaby said...

I'm jealous of your ring-wearing capabilities. I always swell, especially if it's hot. I've been wearing rings I only wear when I am pregnant because they are 1 1/2 - 2 sizes too big and they still get tight on me. UGH. Hang in there - only a few more weeks to go!

Michelle said...

aaalllllll riiiiiiight! summer time to come to granny's house! yea!

Laurel and Trev said...

First of all....Sadie is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! And isn't mother's day just the BEST?!?! I love it....I especially love all the cards and gifts they bring from school...priceless!!! Samuel keeps bugging to start using the little coupons he made me. I get a massage, breakfast in bed and a bowl of popcorn..lol. So cute. And lastly, I can't believe you're only a few weeks away.....can't wait to see pics of him. AND...you'll be caught up with me...yay!!! ;) Love the ring by the way...beautiful!

Kathleen said...

you are the most gorgeous pregnant person in the world!!! i'm not just being a suck up sister, it is the truth!

Rach said...

I can't believe it's so hot there. This is the time of year when Colorado is nice! Love your Mother's day cards, and the picture of you with your ring. =)

Kerry said...

LOL, I love that picture of you! The ring is beautiful!!

I won't tell you what the weather is like here. haha, I'll save that for the people who were giving me a hard time during the snowy winter. ;) I can't believe it's already summer in AZ!! The pool looks wonderful!!

Miss you! I'm getting anxious about this new little baby!!!!!!

Lisa said...

i want a belly pic!!!!

Lisa Brown said...

So jealous of your awesome Mother's Day - how much fun! (Except for the kids at church part. Mine were the same way, if it makes you feel any better.) and I totally understand about the heat. Add some humidity, and you have Savannah - although we have stayed in the low 90's for now, but not for long :).

Kat said...

Thanks to you, I'll NEVER say that someone looks like they're going to POP (at least to their face) :)hehe, jk!
Yay, he's almost here though! I'll be anxiously awaiting pictures and updates. Oh ya, in your kids pool pics I better see my hipo! I can't stand the thought of him being lonely- or gasp- popped and gone to floaty heaven.