layout

5/29/2009

Let's talk about Nate

I know -- FINALLY! My sister told me to just send her the pictures and she would blog for me, but that would mean downloading the pictures. We're running around like crazy trying to get everything in these last few weeks -- lots of swimming and BBQs, too much shopping and eating out, lots of girlfriend time but the main focus has to be Nate's big week.

Nate finally went on his first Fathers and Sons Camp out. Now this probably isn't a big deal for some, but seeing as my husband had to go purchase a tent, two sleeping bags and 2 camping chairs (yes, we didn't even own adult camping chairs) for this experience -- it was a big deal. I feel like we are somehow committed to camp now. And by "we" I mean Dustin and the kids.

The girls whined and cried about how they couldn't go camping and Nate spent the entire day following Dustin around making sure he wasn't going to leave without him. Every other question was, "Where's Dad?" or "Are we going camping now?" Finally about 3 they headed off in Noah's truck with Brody and Brady to keep him company on the drive. The only picture Dustin took of the entire trip:I guess it rained pretty much the whole time but Nate had a great time. I asked him what his favorite part was and he said, "Watching Spiderman in the tent with my dad."

When they came home the kids still wanted to use the sleeping bags, so they had a sleep over in them. All except poor Sadie who was stuck in the crib. She insisted that she go camping too and Dustin got her down Ellie's old Strawberry Shortcake sleeping bag. The big sleeping bags have been put away, but Sadie STILL goes "camping" every night.

In other big Nate news -- he has finally seen Star Wars! I cannot believe how engrossed he was watching it. It only took us an entire week to get through the original 3 and I guess I never really watched them before because I had no idea what happened at the end. BIG SPOILER: Darth Vader saves Luke?? Didn't see that one coming. The other memory from watching the movies would have to be the constant, "Is he a bad guy or a good guy?"

And last but not least -- Preschool Graduation! Can you really graduate if you have another year before Kindergarten? Becky did the cutest job and Nate sang all the songs and narrated the DVD for everyone. ;p

And now off to enjoy the weekend -- it's going to be another fun one! Today Ellie has her 1st grade presentation and then we're taking her to lunch, then shopping (when I finally got around to getting the baby clothes out I realized Nate was born in the fall so all he wore was footed PJs the first months of his life) and out dinner with friends for me and Saturday is a going to be another fun dinner a bunch of our favorite people. I just can't believe how fast summer is coming and all that comes with it: end of school, people moving, babies, vacation. . . got to squeeze it all in now!

And a quick picture of Sadie who is still crazy. How long can you leave a child at the table when they refuse to eat dinner without it being considered child abuse? And how many days in a row? She has decided to become a fruitarian and boycotts dinner EVERY NIGHT!

12 comments:

Kathleen said...

nate is so handsome. i love that kid. spiderman in the tent with dad, oh my gosh that kid is so sweet it is making me cry!

Molly said...

Cute pictures. That reminds me, I still need to blog about Hayden's first father's and son's campout. I love the one of Sadie and Nate at the end, so sweet. Missed you at playgroup today, see you tonight!

The Tyler's said...

6:30..am? You are sooo on the ball.
I'm so glad Nate had so much fun. Brody loved hanging with Nate and Brady. You really should test out that sleeping bag...I think you will like it more than you think.

Michelle said...

Ahhh! Nater is soooo adorable and that picture of Sadie and Nate was to die for! Can hardly wait to go camping with the kids in our bedroom! Love you all!

Megan said...

Nate is so cute! He almost almost makes me wish for a boy....
Sean would love to have someone watch spiderman and Star wars with (I don't think my girls even know what Star Wars is yet), and Sean had to go solo to father's and sons!
Sadie sounds so much like Lucy, I would love to get those two together sometime!

Meredith said...

That cute Nate!! The camping trip IS a big deal and now I know why you were offering up your camp equipment! We had sleeping bags but I sent them off to goodwill because they were nasty and you couldn't pay 1000 bucks during hard times to sleep in one of them! SO I will be buying new sleeping bags before camp. And new chairs because folding beach chairs are fine for soccer games but not for camp, so I am told.

Brenda Janda said...

The pic of Nate and Sadie is priceless. congrats on camping Nate. Nate you have the best dad ever to take you camping. We need to have the daddy/daughter campout cause the girls need that time as much as the boys. It is one of Courtney'e favorite memories.

Lisa said...

i love me some nate!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Yea Nate! Twe major milestones in boyhood in one month... camping and Star Wars. Evidently Nate told Elise all about Nate sleeping on a mountain in a tent with his dad. She has told us about it a few times.

Unknown said...

Too cute!

Oh- and get more chairs. You'll need 'em for sports activities! ;)

jacque said...

I love that Nate is all boy--spiderman, star wars, camping. So cute. I'm proud of you for trying to take everything in while you can. Alot of prego moms would use it as an excuse not to party.

Lisa Brown said...

How fun that he got to go with his dad to the F&S campout. kevin took Derek last year, and he was more excited than Derek was :). And good for you showing him Star Wars - it is a right of passage for a boy - he he!