layout

5/06/2009

Mother's Day Tea for Me

I know -- twice in one week. Try not to be so shocked, but my sister is demanding videos and pictures.

Today I was spoiled by Nate at Preschool. I attempted to take a photo of us together, but since most of them turned out like this:


We settled for this:
When I walked in Nate took me over to the table to pick out food. I think he picked out more food for himself than for me -- but we did eat the largest strawberries I have ever seen. Lots of yummy fruit and muffins too. After that we got our "awards" while she read a little survey each kid completed. Mine:

My mom likes it when I. . . clean up my room
I like it when my mom. . . plays with me
My mom doesn't like it when I . . .be naughty
I don't like it when my mom. . . "Her don't do anything"
My mom's favorite food is. . .meatball soup (shocker, Nate's favorite food)
My mom's favorite color is. . .blue (hmmmmm, another Nate favorite)
How old is your mom. . .16
I love my mom because she. . .turns on the TV for me
My mom loves me because. . .I clean up my room

Lots of cleaning so I won:

After that the kids sang for us. Nate sang almost every word to every song. I was so impressed!


An just when I thought the fun was over, we got little gift bags. Each kid decorated their own bag and Nate drew a picture of ME!!! I just loved it as he explained to me that he drew me with my really big belly. So thoughtful!

Inside was his little hand print and the handsomest picture of him. Thanks Becky! I really loved it and feel so spoiled with all my treasures. And thanks Nate! I love you too! Even when you don't clean your room.

24 comments:

Danika said...

At first when I saw the title of your post I thought I had missed something in Rm 8...

I love it when kids fill out those questions about their parents. It is hysterical!

Chelsea said...

Ah, that is so cute! I am sad we moved and didn't get to have Miss Becky as the boys teacher.

Janel said...

I love it!! Plus, a bonus Nate AND little Sadie video. YAY! I miss all the fun stuff like that, nobody does ANY cool school stuff around here. (unless I do it myself, so thats not so fun) Happy Mothers Day!!

Maddy said...

Oh I have some REALLY great video of Sadie that I decided not to post on the internet. She got really bored during one of the songs and starts lifting her skirt and shirt up. It's hilarious!

Amy F. said...

That is so cute! That is a video you'll cherish forever, I'm sure! She has such an awesome preschool. Those answers were hilarious too!

Kathleen said...

i am so glad you're around to do nothing and turn on the tv!!!
i love this survey! you should find the old one you posted of ellie's.
nice shirt
that kid is getting more and more handsome by the second!

Molly said...

LOVED the picture he drew of you! That is priceless. What a great treat for the moms, very impressive!

Michelle said...

ah that was so sweet! nate is adorable! it's so easy to love that kid! i miss those kinds of mothers' day gifts.

I love you all

mystery boo papa said...

nate can NEVER be naughty! he's too perfect.

The Tyler's said...

Thanks for posting that video...I totally forgot my camera! We have some stinkin cute kids don't we!

Rach said...

How sweet!! Good thing Nate said "Her don't do anything" when asked what he doesn't like you doing. I would be scared what might come out of my kids mouths!! =)

jacque said...

So sweet! what a fun time. Love the picture he drew and the comments.

Meredith said...

Your belly is waaaaaay bigger. Tell him to work on his realism.! I think you are like 16 too. I think our preschool Mother's Day Tea is just for the mama's and no kids...I think I would rather do it with the kids! That's what preschool is about right? Not socializing with the other mothers!

Rickie said...

So sweet. Love the Q&A....You should seriously tell him you really are 16, it will pay off later.

Lindsay said...

Aw, that is so cute. I just love the picture he drew of you! LOL. That is priceless. I'm excited because tomorrow is a Muffins with Mom primary activity. It's the first offical Mother's Day activity I get to go to!

Lisa Brown said...

Hmm, so if you are 16, i guess that means you were 9 when you had Sadie - he he! What a fun day!

Brenda Janda said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, sweet

Brenda Janda said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, sweet

Brenda Janda said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, sweet

Brenda Janda said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, sweet

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love the singing ;D

Lisa said...

that is so sweet!!!

Laurel and Trev said...

How cute is Nate?!?! I love the video!!!

Kat said...

What a cute video! Go Nate :) I'm glad Becky is such a good teacher! I hear good things about her all over the place :)