layout

5/16/2009

HELP ME!

I actually have a blog all typed up and just waiting for me to upload the pictures. It's been waiting for almost a week.

But in the mean time, I need some HELP!

We're doing Father's Day in 2 weeks -- since we wanted to make sure Dustin got some good spoiling before we had a newborn in the house -- and I am at a loss. I'm a horrible cook, but I always give him the day off cooking. Usually that means he gets scrambled eggs for breakfast and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. This year I thought I'd try something new.

Soooo, share with me your best EASY breakfast and dinner recipes.

Breakfast requirements:
  • Dustin like savory more than sweet, so something yummy with eggs is always good
  • That's it -- savory good

Dinner requirements:
  • If it involves a crockpot -- MAJOR bonus
  • I don't like to touch raw chicken, steak or pork so those are a no go unless they go in the crock pot
  • I *do* touch ground turkey
  • I don't grill or fry either
  • The easier the better, especially since we don't get out of Church until close to dinner time
So e-mail me, post them here, whatever! I'll have to come up with something super awesome for whoever's recipes get used.

11 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Not that I'm the one to be giving you cooking ideas, but as far as the savory egg breakfast goes, Joel does this yummy thing with scrambled eggs. He just adds cheese, squash pieces and a lot of dill weed. It is so yummy.

Anita said...

You could do a quiche...just buy a ready made pie crust, fill it with eggs, swiss cheese and crumbled bacon (email me if you want a real recipe). For crockpot dinner Chili's always good or a roast (just throw in a roast, can of cream of mushroom and a packet of onion soup mix. Add some potatoes and carrots...yum!). Anyways, there's a couple ideas for ya. Good luck! I wish my husband cooked--I hope you know you are lucky:)

Lisa said...

you are a wuss. there i said it. lol

i will send some recipes your way.

The Tyler's said...

I have a HUGE cookbook that my aunt (Max's wife) made me with a whole section of crockpot recipes. I'll bring it over and let you look through it.
As for breakfast I have a really yummy egg and hash brown casserole recipe that is sooo easy that you can even do the night before. I'll bring that too.

Lindsay said...

I love the crockpot! It's so easy and convenient...especially since we have church late too. Here's a couple favorites:

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
abt 4 chicken breasts (can be frozen or thawed)
1 bottle bbq sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup italian dressing

Put it all in the crockpot on high for 4-5 hours. Serve on hamburger buns (or whatever bread you want) and top with cheese. Yummy!

"White Chicken"
-chicken (abt 3-4 breasts)
-1 can cream of chicken
-1 block of cream cheese
-1 packet of dry Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix

Put chicken in crockpot. Mix other ingredients in a bowl (you may have to soften the cream cheese), and then pour over top of chicken. Cook on high for 5 hours or low 8-10 hours. Serve over rice.

Last one:
Meatballs

1 pkg of frozen cooked meatballs (about 25-30 meatballs I think)
1 can cranberry sauce
1 jar salsa

Cook in crockpot. Don't let the cranberry sauce scare you! This recipe is really good....and I don't like cranberry sauce!

Good luck! :)

Meredith said...

Why don't you celebrate on saturday and take him out for 3 meals? That seems more your speed. Then he can cook on Sunday like usual. A win win.

AZ Hey-mon said...

I crock pot recipes for pork loin or pulled pork.

I like the quiche idea that someone else gave you. that sounded good.

jacque said...

I like that you had people post ideas... then we could steal them too. I have a yummy broccoli quiche recipe and a crockpot lasagna recipe if you are interested.

Kaelene said...

My mom has taught me an AMAZING recipe with round steak, that stews in the crock pot for as many hours as you'd like. The prep work does require a little touching of the meat, but I could supply gloves, if you'd like!
We serve it with rice and sides like broccoli and green salad.
Let me know if you're interested. Jorge LOVES this recipe, and there are NEVER any leftovers for me to take to work later.

Holly said...

K...a yummy chicken dinner that's easy??? Here you go...
In a crockpot...
1/4 cup butter, chunked
1/4 cup water
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 package onion soup mix
*Cook 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 on low. One hour before serving add...
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken
1/2 package cream cheese
1 c. frozen veggies (I use peas)
*Serve over rice or noodles.
Seriously...it is SO yummy & fast!!!
Have fun choosing a recipe!

Lisa Brown said...

Send me your email, which I have lost, and I will email you some recipes :).