layout

7/27/2009

First Day of School

That's a TWO for 2nd grade!

Ellie says to me, "Aunt Beaney wishes you would blog every day like you used to Mommy." Well the guilt trip worked and I am going to try hard to blog more often. Not every day, but with our family so far away I need to make a better effort to update and have pictures for everyone. SO here we go!

Ellie started 2nd grade today. I can't believe we've done this three times now. Next year Nate will be joining her (plus Sadie will be in pre-school, I'm not sure I'll know what do with just one kid at home, but hey that's still a loooong year away). I'm sure I'll cry then, but not a tear this year. Probably because I know she's got a fantastic school, a fun new teacher and great kids in her class. Both her Kindy and 1st grade best friends are in her class, plus a few more of her good girlfriends and some fun boys. I think it's going to be a great year!!Hailey -- 1st grade BFF
Hannah - Kindy BFFLindsay -- Like-family BFF (and Caroline who started Kindergarten today). Lindsay and Ellie think alike I guess because last year they wore the same outfit on the 1st day of school and this year they had the same shirt and almost the same hairdo.

The best part of the first day of school is that everything is still so fun. Doing her hair is fun. Packing her bag is fun. Picking out a boring old uniform is fun. Even doing homework and putting in the nice new binder is fun. It doesn't last long enough unfortunately.

Ellie had a great day, despite the blistering 115 degree weather (I think I melted waiting to pick her up -- which wasn't long since I fell asleep and woke up late. Luckily the group she walks with was even later).
Right before she headed in. No tears, just excitement!

Now we're playing one last time with Brody and Sadie before they head to Virginia for 3 years and our college friend Vanessa is on her way over. Who knows if we'll actually eat dinner or not.

13 comments:

Danika said...

She looks adorable! And you looked fantastic (I saw you from a distance this morning - didn't get a chance to come over and say hello). And what is up with homework on the 1st day of school???? That was just lame.

Mike and Kimmy said...

Ellie is so gorgeous! She looks so cute! School started there already. That's stinkin' early. When do they get out of school?

Kathleen said...

dang that girl is tan. i miss her so much, hug her and kiss her lots for me.

Steve and Sarah said...

Ellie is so cute! She is good at posing! I can't believe school started today. The summer went by fast!

Meredith said...

So not only did I take a vacation from blogging but reading them too!!! So here goes - the trip to VA looked amazing and awesome and really scary too. Wish we could have been here for the blessing. I am so glad Nate is getting bigger. I laughed so hard remembering how the girls dressed the same last year - and we both blogged about it. You looked awesome today, by the way. I think I was down to losing the last 5 lbs and the end of summer break didn't do me any favors. Lucky you didn't gain. I dunno - probably missed something. But my blog is back!! At least, it is coming. Two done tonight, more tomorrow. My awesome plans for the day was appointments for Kate's feet and Costco. Not much blogging time left. Vacays tomorrow!

Meredith said...

And by Nate getting bigger of course I meant Luke. I mean, sure, Nate getting bigger - hurray! But Luke getting bigger - WAHOO!

Lisa Brown said...

Is it weird that your post made me want to cry. I think it is because it reminded me how my baby girl is growing up too fast too. Oh, and I love her side ponytail :) - so fun!

Unknown said...

She looks so cute and grown up! I'm glad she had a good first day!

Rach said...

Wow, I can't believe your kids are in school already! We don't start until next week. She looks so cute!

Michelle said...

Ellie is so beautiful, she looks like a model! Remember when she asked Lola to take model pictures and she posed like Top Model? Looks like those shots really paid off! I miss them all so much! I cry every day!

Love you all!
Gramma

Amber said...

Ellie is absolutley beautiful! I love the side pony too :)

Are we the only district that started this week? I am beginning to think so.

Glad she had a great first day at school! The fun has begun!

Rickie said...

She looked so cute. I love the toothless grins. I think she is going to be popular like her mom, since she knows like 85% of her class.

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! She's gorgeous. I had a serious awkward phase in second grade haha:)