layout

7/09/2009

In case you miss the other 3. . .


Here's some pictures from my mom's cell phone

The kids have been having fun with my parents -- a few shopping trips already where my kids learned my parents are way easier to snow than Mom and Dad, a trip to the petting zoo, and down to the monuments in DC this morning. This weekend is their trip to New York City including the Statue of Liberty, PB&J restaurant, American Girl Doll Store, hotel in Time Square. . . hopefully my mom will take pictures with an ACTUAL camera for us.

As for me and what I've gotten done -- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Luke will not nap. I'm going to pull my hair out. He does great at night, but for some reason about 10 minutes after I lay him down for a nap -- BAM! He's up. Doesn't matter if it's the swing, the pack n play, our bed. . . I still have one trick up my sleeve, so we'll see if it works and hopefully I'll be able to get some painting done.

8 comments:

Casey said...

You really shouldn't drug your kids Maddy:).

Mamacita said...

You've got me intrigued on the "one last trick." Sorry to hear he's not letting you do anything. It's just his way of telling you to slow down and enjoy! Sounds like your kiddos are!

Kathleen said...

notice no trips to see lola who is super close and misses them. i might drive up today if kyle will let me.

Rach said...

Your kids sound like they are having a blast! You'll have to tell us the "one last trick" for getting your baby to sleep! Good luck!

AZ Hey-mon said...

I think you need your mom and dad to record the other 3 in all their noisy glory and play that for Luke. Maybe he just misses chaos.

Rickie said...

Oh, Maddy, I can so relate, this is exactly how Logan was. About 5 minutes after I layed him down, he would be up again. The only way he'd sleep is if I would hold him. I was so frustrated. By about 10 months he would finally nap for about 1 1/2 hours each day. So, if you can hang in there that long, maybe he'll eventually get there. We think he just wanted to always be included in everything & didn't ever want to miss out. This is still how he is. So frustrating though. Your kids look like they are having fun w/ grandma though and I bet the peace and quiet is either driving you nuts or your totally loving it!!

Lisa Brown said...

I can't let Lily see the picture of Ellie in the American Girl store - she begs me to go to NYC all the time, just so she can take her doll there :).

And so sad about Luke. Lily was the same way, except the swing would work. Maybe you could use a sling to carry him in - he would still be awake, but your hands would be free. It is more comfy than a baby bjorn. I think Derek practically lived in his sling when he was a baby. Good luck!

Lisa said...

my kids never were big nappers. they slept at night though so i didn't complain much. lol