layout

12/20/2009

Feeling Christmasy

Phew! There was delivering of neighbor/friend gifts, teacher gifts (one 2nd grade teacher, two preschool teachers, one speech teacher, 4 church teachers), Visiting/Home Teaching gifts, Secret Santa gift (which involved 4 kids and a mall on the Friday before Christmas -- I'm CRAZY), birthday parties (why so many kids in December dear friends?), school parties, Christmas caroling and then I threw in a neighborhood party here.

We couldn't find a day that worked for everyone, but I'm glad we decided to do it on the last day of school because I was WIPED when it was done.

I don't have many pictures because I gave up half way through and decided to just talk and enjoy myself instead, so I'll have to steal some of Casey's (if she ever blogs it).

We made ice cream cone Christmas trees, foam ornaments, skyp-ed with Jill & kids in Virginia Beach, and wrapped it all up with a gift exchange. Learned a lesson for next year: less activities, they just want to play. And a candy exchange instead of a gift exchange because it was impossible buying something to cover the age ranges.

After mostly everyone had cleared out, we left Cade and Sadie with the kids and Dustin & I ran out for a nice adult dinner with Casey and Janel.Grant -- I appreciate you eating the extra candies because otherwise Sadie would have and then she never would have gone to sleep that night. Oh wait. . . she never goes to sleep.

Kate & Claire
I love how boys love to stick out their tongues while they're working
Ann and Mollie & Casey and Beau


Today we were lucky enough to spend time with some of our best friends from college -- The Gustavesons! I was pregnant with Nate and she was pregnant with Maisy the last time we were together, but thanks to e-mail/Christmas cards, blogs and facebook we're still great friends. Brett is hilarious and Kasia is possibly the sweetest person I've ever met. She entertained Sadie all through Sacrament for us. All except for the part where Sadie went up and sang with the Primary kids. I guess since she's been going in to prepare for Sunbeams, she thinks she's in Primary now. I said, "Sadie, you don't know the songs." "I do," she said as she walked out of the pew and starting singing, "I am a child of God. . ."

Dustin made his famous baked French Toast to celebrate and I made fresh squeezed lemonade from our lemon tree (please let me know if you ever want lemons or oranges -- our trees are bursting).
Sadie got tattoos as her gift at the neighborhood party and I CANNOT get them off. So please note her tats for Christmas Sunday.
And Luke says, "Merry Christmas." Hopefully I'll update before then!

10 comments:

Janel said...

LOL OK that is so funny.....I noticed all the red skin around Sadies tattoo, she can't get hers off either! Luckily she had long sleeves today. And the boys with their toungues, that is hilarious!!

I will be coming over your way either tomorrow or tues for sure so I can bring wax...and get some citrus :D

Michelle said...

they are perfect -- we love them!

The Tyler's said...

Love all the pictures. Kate never sends me pictures and doesn't blog so it was fun to see them.
Loved all your matching-ness today! You all look great!

Sherrie said...

Love the photos! I cannot believe how your family has grown. :)

Lisa said...

oh my gosh that little baby boy is adorable!

Steve and Sarah said...

Wow you are busy! It isonly once a year and that is why you did you shopping/wrapping early right? BTW try baby oil or rubbing alcohol on the tatoos!

Meredith said...

Nothing like a good Christmas tat! And dear friend, I am sorry about the December birthday party. I would change it if I could, believe me!

Lara Neves said...

Luke is so freaking adorable! And you are looking so great.

Merry Christmas! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, to live in a place with lemon and orange trees . . . I am so not enjoying the cold weather this year in North Carolina. It almost makes me want to go back to Georgia :).

Unknown said...

Oh Yea! We LOVE you guys too! So good to see you and how fun that we get to be on your blog (stayed tuned to ours--you'll make an apperance as well.)

Breakfast was delish and we have got to get that recipe because we could not stop talking about it. Merry Christmas guys! You're awesome ;D

ps--I can't get over how adorable your kids are! Oh and when Sadie came down from singing she whispered to me, "I sang the whole song and I sang so good!" It was awesome.