layout

12/21/2009

Feeling Not So Christmasy

In stark contrast to yesterday's post, there is one thing that makes me feel a little less than "joyful." There is nothing like trying to take pictures of the kids to make one lose the Christmas Spirit.

Rest assured there were threats and bribes involved in this lack-luster attempt to record this year's Christmas ensembles. It just proves that you don't always get what you pay for. And I paid nothing for these pictures. Nothing if you don't count a few gray hairs and lost brain cells.

Nate
Already off to a bad start. He would rather stare at the blank TV than take a picture.

Proof that Nate can be really sarcastic even at a young age.
Smiling is painful.
Nate lays down in protest and refuses to get up off of the floor. I know everyone wants to see our carpet.
We'll call that one good. Here are your skittles.

Ellie
I must have been shouting, "Don't look at the camera."
Really. DO NOT LOOK AT THE CAMERA! Also, roll your eyes at me. It will only prepare me for the teen age years.
Ellie has this weird fake smile thing which kind of bugs me because she has the BEST real smile.

Thanks gorgeous.

Sadie
Sadie will one day wonder why she is sucking her thumb in every picture. I will tell her it is not my fault. And then explain that her college tuition and inheritance went towards braces.
Don't force it or anything.Tell you what, just go eat your orange.

Group shotOh crud, we have 4 now. Let's wait until Luke wakes up. Nate and Sadie are ecstatic at the idea of more pictures.
Luke is not happy to be forced into a picture approximately 3 minutes after being woken up.
Still really unhappy and Ellie is morphing back to crazy smile.

Luke
A little to the left
OK, now back to the right.
Now we just need a smile.
Almost there. . .
And I think we all know how this ends. With Luke being my favorite child. Ever.

PS I hope you all know that I really do love and cherish ALL my children.

12 comments:

Sherrie said...

OMG I am ROTFLMAO at the commentary. BTDT bought the t-shirt, took a craptastic photo of it and threw it out! Glad to know I am not the only one who goes nuts trying to capture my children in photos. I guess I should be happy I only have to deal with three instead of four! They are all so cute and love the outfits. :)

Sarah said...

I love Luke's hair! He is so adorable.

Rach said...

Ha Ha! That post cracked me up. We always have several "outakes" when we try to take pictures of our kids. And, you can say Luke is your favorite child ever, he's adorable!!

Amber Miskin said...

I agree! I love Luke's hair. So great!

Danika said...

Glad to know we're not the only ones who have to endure torturous photo sessions with our kids! :)

Steve and Sarah said...

They do say every picture is a stroy. Someday you will laugh so hard at these! Good thing you have darling kiddos, it makes it worth it!

Lisa Brown said...

Add to it some camera malfunctions, and you had the same experience as me. I was so angry at my sweet little kids - and the one great shot I got of Derek, Lily stuck out her tongue. Really?? I loved your post about it though :).

Cecily said...

Oh my! I did the same thing on Sunday (minus one, I guess :) But I was stupid enough to think that we should do it outside the church because it was not working at home. And you can just image how that went..... I only took four or five before I gave up so as I have always know.... Yes, Maddy you are my HERO!

And Sadie was so too cute up there singing with all the big kids. Matt says when they come back from being in the Primary she looks around like "why am I back here?"

Megan said...

So fun! I love the pictures, all of them, fake smiles, thumbs, carpet, rolled eyes and all!
We attempted on Sunday too. I can not seem to get it through my girls head that when wearing skirts/dresses MAKE YOUR KNEES TOUCH! Most of our picture attemps are inapropiate for the blog!

Michelle said...

Ah I love everyone of those pictures -- those are real kids! REALLY REALLY Special kids!

Meredith said...

Mine was just as awful...with a broken camera to boot. Lindsay did OK, Caroline kept insisting she hike her dress up and Kate was screaming bloody murder. All in all a great day. This post kills me.

Lisa said...

that post was hilarious. and cute!