layout

1/23/2010

Things were getting hairy


So Luke's hair grows one way -- straight up. Actually, it grows sort of up and back creating the perfect fuzzball of hair. People loved to touch and rub his little static shock head. They asked me if I've ever cut it because it is a perfect little helmet of even length hair. I tried putting gel in it to give it little spikes, but it just sort of sprung back up into it's normal "do." Then one night Dustin informs me that we need to buzz Luke's head because he's starting to look goofy. I think my face looked like this: WHAT? You want to shave our baby's perfect little head? But he's so adorable (in a goofy sort of way).

Thursday night my neighbor offered to watch the kids so I could catch the PTO meeting and when I came back to pick up the kids we were talking about Luke's hair. Nonchalantly I toss out, "Dustin wants to BUZZ it," expecting her to be as horrified as I am. She kind of nods and says, "I can see that." WHAT??? So we start talking about how thin it is and how it will grow in a lot thicker and evener if we shave and I decided to bite the bullet and cut it at that exact minute. Literally that minute. I made her go get the clippers and buzz Luke's hair right then and there.

Nate summed up my feelings perfectly, "I miss Luker's old hair, but he sure looks handsome to me." Thanks Casey for doing it for me on my little impulsive whim. I still love that little noggin and now you can really focus on his adorable little face.

16 comments:

Danika said...

He's cute either way, but the hair definitely did distract from his adorable face. But then again, I'm partial to buzz cuts! :)

Kathleen said...

BHAHAHAH! those pictures are PRICELESS blown up. i need one in poster size.

Michelle said...

me too nate! i miss lukers old hair, but he is adorable!

Sherrie said...

Gosh he is so darn cute crazy hair or buzz cut! :)

jacque said...

I agree, he is darling either way! The buzz makes him look more grown up though. :)

Unknown said...

So cute, no matter what!

Lisa said...

he is a cutie!

Amber said...

He is such a handsome little guy!

Lisa Brown said...

He is so handsome with his haircut!!

Rach said...

Aw, he's such a cutie!! Hey at least your kids have hair to cut, my babies are bald, bald, bald until about 2.

Nicole said...

sooooooooo cute! I love the buzzed hair!!

Chelsea said...

Oh that is one adorable boy!!

Mike and Kimmy said...

He is so darling. They don't come any cuter than that with the hair or without! Those pictures are priceless.

Brenda Janda said...

ADORABLE!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness--does he have a cute face! You are brave, my friend ;D I have the hardest time cutting my children's hair.

Rickie said...

Yep, sure looks handsome to me, too. I think I actually found out about it BEFORE I read the post. I love that little guy.