layout

1/01/2010

Happy New Year from the Invalid Ward

Yesterday started off great. Everyone slept in, made it to the gym, Ellie had a friend over all day, 75% of shopping at Target (with 5 kids and I didn't die), making cookies/brownies/meatballs, party at the Haymonds. . .
Good friends, lots of food, Band Hero (including Taylor Swift for Sadie), Mafia, Apples to Apples (where Chloe and Ellie actually killed the rest of us). . . All was good until bout 11 pm Nate comes into where the adults are playing games and lays down on the couch where he proceeds to hack up a lung. Literally. It was one of those coughing fits where he ended up throwing up his mucous. Poor kid.

So we rang in the New Year trying to pack up the car to get everyone home and into bed, get humidifiers set up, breathing treatments, meds. . . Poor Nate. He did manage to get a popper off before we headed home to the sick bed.


Luke's got some sort of croup-y crud, too. He's being a champ though and still just sitting around playing with toys. Just sleeping a lot. He slept through quite the ruckus last night.All in all, I can't complain. 2009 was a great year for our family! We were so blessed.

It was also kind of a turning point for me:
* I had my fourth, and last, baby
* Dustin and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary
* 5 years in our house (and possibly the longest I've ever lived in one house)
* I turned 30

I guess it's time to say good bye to all those "young life" mile stones and start welcoming middle life.

And this year is already looking great too! Just in the next 2 months I've got a new niece coming, a half marathon, a trip to visit my sister, a trip to Hawaii with no kids and a visit from my parents. Bring on 2010!!

10 comments:

Megan said...

With the exception of coughing fits, sounds like a great day/night! Looks like you have lots of fun planned for 2010 too! When and where are you going to in Hawaii? We are going to Kauai in April.

Janel said...

Next year sounds fun for you! Its funny, when I first glanced at your title I was like....wait...what happened to Cooper ward?? Its not a valid ward any more?? LOL

Sorry your guys are sick, thats not fun!

The Tyler's said...

Um...you left off one big item for 2010...visiting your favorite neighbor of all time!!!...:)
Poor Nate. We so know how you feel buddy.
Happy New Year!!

Danika said...

Mexico last year without kids and Hawaii this year without kids...yeah, we all feel SO sorry for you and your "middle life"! :)

Kris said...

Wow Maddy, you have more planned in the first two months than I have planned all year!!

Hope Nate and Luke feel better soon.

Sherrie said...

Ben and Drew were sick right before Christmas. Hope Nate feels better soon. Can you believe we have both been in our homes for 5 yrs. Where have those years gone? Hope 2010 is your best year yet Maddy!

Lindsay said...

Aw, sorry the kids are getting sick! Blah! Hope your new year is as good as the last!

Arlene said...

Who are the models in the first picture? I think I've seen them on a magazine cover!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Maddy! So glad we got to see you guys ;D Your stories are even more intense and real to me now that I've met all your kids. It's like Nate coughed up his lung right here in my computer room!

Lisa Brown said...

Sounds like you had a great New Year's - even with the drama. I was so bummed to miss the sale at Target. We were in Idaho, and since there was no way to transport anything I would get, I had to let it all go this year.