layout

1/21/2010

You've Had a Birthday Shout Hooray

January seems to be a really lazy month for me if you couldn't tell from my lack of blogging. However, today the rain is pouring and after surviving the trip for well-checks (Nate and Sadie) on the freeway where no one knows how to drive (case in point we passed two accident on the way there) in rush hour traffic, I've decided to stay home for the rest of the day. As I was loading the 3 kids into the car during a heavy downpour I was kicking myself for not owning an umbrella. And it doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon.

Sooo. . . Sadie had a birthday. She's THREE!
To celebrate we ate lots of bad food. And I threw her a party. I took her to the store to pick out stuff for her party and she just couldn't decide on a theme because she wanted ALL of it Now Sadie is a girl who knows what she wants and she knows how to get it, so we ended up with three of her favorites: Princesses, Ponies and Pet Shops.

The best way to throw a party for a 3 year old is to 1) Not invite too many kids and 2) Child labor. Ellie and her friend Hailey were *dying* to help out and were the best little helpers.

We did have one little Prince and he was so sweet to play along with the girls. Probably because we gave him a sword.

Sadie could not believe everyone was there for just her. Her face was so sweet when everyone was singing. It's hard to be the third sometimes - you've got to fight to get attention. Somehow Sadie manages to survive ;P
And then she was ESTATIC to open her gifts. Lots of My Little Pony and a SPECIAL thank you to Aunt Molly for buying the Pony house she's been dying for. It is really big with lots of small pieces. I guess that is the privilege of being my oldest friend -- you get away with presents like that.
Happy Birthday gorgeous! We love you and all the spunk you bring to our family!!

And in other news. . . Olivia Madelyn had her very first birthday (ie her ACTUAL birth day). She arrived on Sunday and is absolutely gorgeous. I am dying to hold her. Only 2 more weeks! EEK!

15 comments:

Nicole said...

Olivia is sooooo cute! and yep, she's a cousin (she's got the wink goin on!!!) Happy Birthday Sadie! I can't believe she's 3, wow such a big girl :)

Molly said...

I knew you would appreciate the small ponyville pieces! I had to do it you know... Love ya Sadie - Happy Birthday! Livy is a doll too!

The Tyler's said...

Oh my goodness Olivia is the cutest thing ever! She looks exactly like your kids!!

I love Sadie so much. I am so sad I could not be there for her big day. Tell her her fav neighbor love her!

I was laughing about the umbrella. We finally had to buckle down and buy a $12 umbrella. That's a lot for an umbrella in my eyes. Our .99ers were not doing the trick.

I'll pick you up from the airport...so no problem! I can't wait to see that little baby in person.

Amy F. said...

Okay, Olivia is tooo precious!! I would be dying too, in fact I am dying ;) And she's got the one eye smile down -she's definitely related, hehehe.
Happy Birthday Sadie-loo!! Wow, THREE!! She looks so happy in those pictures. A day just for her! (I was a third, and I loved anything 'my little pony').

Don't you just love this weather (puh). These Arizonan's don't know how to drive in a little rain, I'm tellin' ya!

Lisa said...

ok--sadie is such a honey! i love her! and olivia looks beautiful! congrats to the aunt and the momma!

Janel said...

I am loving the rain, because I don't have to go anywhere in it :D Even the thought of taco bell for lunch wasn't enough to get me out there with the crazies!

I can't believe Sadie is 3, look at that precious little blondie!! I love her little 15 year old attitude, and expression when they were singing is just priceless!

The new little baby looks delicious! Love the hat!

Kathleen said...

i cannot believe little tiny sadie is getting so big! she is gorgeous, and SO photogenic. i love the flipped under hair, how did you get her to sit still for that? i think you need to post the details of the party, you really should be an event planner.

i cannot wait to see you! you have the nicest friends!

Kathleen said...

oh and i had to say something about the dimples... HOLY COW THEY ARE HUGE! love that girl.

jacque said...

Sadie....three...already?!:) In some ways it seems like she was just born and then when you are around her you think she is going on 10! :)

Lara Neves said...

Oh I love 3 year old birthday parties! And Sadie just makes me happy. Look at that adorable face!

Jenni said...

What a fun party!!! I can't wait to throw GIRL parties!!! Your kiddos are so cute in the pictures.

Rach said...

Oh, I can't wait to throw princess parties, and my little pony parties. Sadie looks soooo much like you!! Little Olivia is too cute, I'm jealous you get to go hold a newborn!

Brenda Janda said...

Happy Birthday Sadie, You are adorable. Glad you had a happy day. Great job Mom for making memories.

Lisa Brown said...

So fun!

Rickie said...

I loved dropping Logan off at Sadie's party and seeing her in her dress. It made me so excited for girl parties to come. As Ashlyn said, "Best party ever!"