layout

5/06/2010


My favorite activity of the entire school year has to be Mother's Day Tea! There is something so sweet about how hard they work on those little projects because it's for their moms. Nate has been so secretive because he didn't want me to see anything early, but every time I went to pick him up, he would yell intently, "Just a second. I'm not done yet." Well the card was well worth the wait. If you remember, last year he drew a picture of me with a GIANT belly (I was 8 months pregnant with Luke, so it was ginormous) so this years was MUCH better. It had flowers, Nate and me, butterflies annnnnnnd a Star Wars Starship. Thanks Nate!

When I came in Nate led me over to the table to pick out food for me. It was so sweet to watch him pour my water and ask me what fruit I wanted. As always the kids sang all the songs they practiced so hard for us. Nate had been singing one of them at home and when I commented on it he said, "Pretend you didn't remember that song, OK Mom?"So sweet to their moms, so crazy together.
Poor Luke wanted to picked up so badly while I was eating my food. Pleeeeeease Mom?

At the end they gave us our gift which was their cute hand prints and a saying: From small beginnings come great things. Cue tears from me -- a reenactment of when I was reading Mother's Day cards at Target.

6 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I love it :). Especially that there was a Star Wars ship on your card - priceless.

Lindsay said...

Aw, that's so sweet!!! Love the handprint sign!

Molly said...

That is so sweet! I love it that his teacher does that, what a fun tradition!

Brenda Janda said...

I love the precious moments.

The Tyler's said...

How fun. I remember loving it last year.
Happy Mothers day to ya!

Rickie said...

You know you're a really cool mom when you get to be in a hand-drawn picture with a star wars spaceship!!!