layout

5/03/2010

T-ball days. . .

And nights. . .and early Saturday mornings. . .

I don't know how people with more than one kid in t-ball/baseball/softball survive the season. It has taken over our lives for the last 2 months and we're down to the last month now. Nate is on the Mariner's with his best friend Daven, the weather has been gorgeous and it's an excuse to get out of the house so we can't complain.
Nate's cousins, Matt and Zach, are big baseball fans/super stars, so they gifted Nate some of their old t-ball goodies: a bag, a glove, two bats and some balls. We are so grateful to them for sharing with us because we look like we know what we're doing.
I don't see professional baseball player being on Nate's list of career ambitions, but for the most part he seems to really like it.

I think his favorite position so far has been catcher. Saturday the ball bounced off the pitcher's head and started rolling towards him, so he ran out to grab it and then ran back to home plate long after the player had already scored. Then he looks at me and holds up the ball as proud as could be. Didn't matter if he got the guy out or not, he was just excited he got the ball. Of course the next inning he got out and spent 10 minutes telling me that he quit.
That's about how I felt about it too.

11 comments:

Danika said...

That is why my boys haven't done many sports. Because whatever one does the other insists on doing and I don't think I have the time, energy, money, or sanity for two teams' worth of sports!

The Tyler's said...

What a little stud in that uniform!
I can't wait to get back into baseball! I love it!

Michelle said...

Ah-- What a t-ball star! He looks like a pro! You rock Nate! Go Mariners!

Anita said...

In T-ball here they don't keep score, so kids can't get "out"...thank goodness for that!! These extra activities sure eat up our time!! Right now we have swimming, achievement days, t-ball, piano, and dance...that is MORE than enough. But summer is almost here and that is supposed to be calmer right?!

Meredith said...

He is so cute. I love how proud they get of little things! Caroline's favorite soccer position is bench. I think b-ball would be good for her. A lot of down time.

AZ Hey-mon said...

I love these photos. they have a lot of story to them.

Brenda Janda said...

Nate is such a stud. What a cutie:-)

Lisa Brown said...

What great pictures. I can't wait for Derek to start t-ball next year. And the getting out thing reminded me of why we put our kids in sports (other than the physical activity) it is to teach them disapointment - and fun, and teamwork, but also that sometimes they are out. Too many kids go way to far into life without learning that lesson. It sure is hard to watch as a parent though, but at least they learn it while we are there to comfort them :).

Lindsay said...

He is so dang cute! We're thinking of doing T-ball in the fall...should be fun. What ever am I going to do when ALL THREE of my boys start doing sports! Aaaah!

ajoachim said...

You look great out there, Nate! Go Mariners!

Rickie said...

The picture of Daven and Nate is so cute. It was really fun!!!!