layout

4/21/2011

Let them Eat Cake

I exaggerate a lot. I think most people know this about me. What I do not think they know is that am deadly serious about dessert. I never exaggerate when sugar is involved. Below are 3 examples from April alone, where I fed my kids cake for a meal.

1. April Fool's DayOK, not real cake and yes, I have done the cupcakes before. But in my defense, Sadie didn't remember them so it was new to her and I did make Cocoa Krispie treats to look like meatloaf. Those little tomoatoes are frosting from inside Christmas Oreoes. YUM!

2. Caketini
Dustin and I went on a much needed date up to Olive and Ivy in Scottsdale. I was foolish enough to let myself get talked into the ice cream sundae for dessert (I don't like ice cream, so I have no idea why I thought I might like this) so I insisted Dustin take me somewhere for MORE dessert. Sprinkles had already closed so we headed over to Caketini which everyone had been raving about. We ran into some friends, got overwhelmed by the choices (I may have eaten part of a random stranger's cupcake at one point -- but she INSISTED!) and ended up with half a dozen cupcakes. Lucky breakfast for the kids!

My review: Mixed. I found the chocolate cupcakes disappointing, but the fruit flavored ones were really really good. But then again, I don't like most of the Sprinkles chocolate cupcakes either. I do prefer Sprinkles frostings to Caketini frosting.

3. Karen Malanca cake
We invited a friend over for dinner. Despite me telling her not to bring anything, she brought us a giant double layer chocolate cake. Sadie saw it, asked Karen if she could have some (who of course said, "SURE!"), grabbed a fork and started eating before we had even started on dinner. She probably ate a quarter of the cake BY HERSELF! She seriously looked like she was on Man vs. Food at one point.
Anyone else confused at why Sadie is all of these pictures? She only likes fruit! Literally I asked one day if she would rather have a pear or fresh baked cookies. I think we all know what she decided. She even picked a TOMATO over cookies.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

have you ever heard the Bill Cosby bit about feeding his kids chocolate cake? That's what this reminded me of. Awesome!