layout

4/24/2011

Nine

I think turning an odd number in age makes it seem like a huge jump. Nine. NINE! I can't believe my baby is nine. I know she's not a baby, but she was my *first* baby. And now she's my amazingly beautiful and tall nine year old daughter.The years have really flown by and I can honestly say that she is a JOY! Don't think there aren't times when Ellie can really try my patience, but for the most part she has been an amazingly fantastic daughter. She is incredibly helpful and fulfills everything I ask her to do. She is also so easy to be around. She's funny and thoughtful and loving pretty much all the time. Often times it's her suggesting to me that she is capable of handling more responsibility. She practically had to beg me to start taking out the trash (and my life is so much the better for it). I'm so grateful we have her in our family because she takes care of everyone.

For her birthday we let her pick the menu all day. First off, Bosa Donuts for breakfast. Dustin took the kids to see Hop after lunch, and then we hit up BJ's for dinner. For dessert she picked The Cheesecake Factory. I think she may have been slightly overwhelmed when I took her up to the counter and showed her all of the choices.

After cake, we opened her presents. I count the birthday party as my major gift to my kids, so we usually get just one small present. Ellie wanted a scooter and asked my parents for some sketchers twinkle toes. Wish granted!

In typical Ellie fashion, she loved everything and didn't demand anything over the top. She's the kind of kid that's happy with anything and always has fun. Ellie, I love you so much. Thank you for the sweet spirit and example you bring to our family!

3 comments:

Anita said...

My Jordan got a scooter and twinkle toes when she turned nine too:) It was all about the itouch when she turned 10 though!! Good luck!!

Lisa Brown said...

Cheesecake Factory - she is a girl after my own heart :). And I loved her Owl party! What a cute idea!!

Kathleen said...

can you hear me crying all the way from utah. i can't look at these pictures without getting weepy and hormonal. how is that little baby girl SO old? she is the most beautiful, kind hearted, smart and energetic little girl i have ever met. i love her to pieces.