layout

10/22/2011

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Last Sunday our Ward Boundaries were realigned. It was a bittersweet split. They took off a chunk of our Ward full of some of my favorite people and they gave us a large chunk of another Ward, full of some of my *other* favorite people. I really am excited to have so many of my kids' friends in our Ward and a lot of really great friends are coming over!

On the downside side, we lost one of Dustin's Counselors whose family we are incredibly close with. The Jandas sit next to us each week on Sundays and help with the kids. Her kids babysit for us. They lend us their truck,invite us over to swim, or for dinner when Dustin's gone. . . They're constantly checking in on me to see if I need help. Brenda was also the Young Women's President and my 1st Counselor when I was Primary President, so we have served together for years. How was I so lucky??

I am (was??) the Mia Maid & Laurel Advisor and we're losing half of our girls in the Ward split. I am going to miss those girls more than they know! There were many tears on Sunday, but I keep telling myself in a year, they'll give all of our girls back to us!
These girls are all as different as can be, but they love each other more than you could ever imagine. I was always in awe of how they built each other up and always made sure everyone is included. It was such a joy to serve them. I miss you all already!!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

i am going to cry for you.