layout

10/31/2011

It's a Nate Party

The very day after Dustin's party was Nate's birthday party. I thought I was better, but I wasn't, so I'm extra grateful to Dustin for throwing the world's LOUDEST (but funnest) party and Karen for taking my kids so I could rest up for it. Also to Ellie who blew up probably a million balloons (ok, probably closer to 50, but I bet it felt like a million) so Nate would have the most fantastic Mario Party ever.Let's add another big shout out to my sister and brother-in-law who made the cutest invitations, a fun "Pin the Mustache on Nate" game and cupcake toppers. Yes, we had cupcakes and not cake. The toppers are way cuter than any cake I could have attempted. According to one of Nate's friends, this will just not do. As he was leaving he exclaimed, "Wait! We haven't had cake yet." I reminded him of the cupcakes. "But those are just cupcakes!" He was also horrified that we didn't have juice in our house. Only child possibly? I had woken up feeling pretty good that morning, but by the afternoon I was thrashed and I really didn't want to make the balloon creations I had planned on -- Boo Ghosts and Bob-ombs. My sister INSISTED that I make them as cool as possible and I am so glad I did. Those things were the hits of the party. The kids kept asking if they could take them home and then begging me to tell them how I made them. How?? You can't tell just by looking at these poorly crafted things?

We played lots of fun games like Yoshi Egg Rescue, Mario Mushroom Mix Up, Pin the Mustache on Nate, Bob-omb (like hot potato) and Mario Kart Balloon Battle. The winners of each game got a gold coin. One gold coin. Lame right? NOOOOOOO! They thought it was SO COOL! They started trying to steal my gold coins. Kids are so strange, and yet, that's what makes them so cool! And Nate's friends are some of the sweetest, coolest kids I know. They are also very LOUD! They weren't naughty at all, just really really enthusiastic. They made Nate feel so special and they made me feel like the most creative mom ever. Nate is one lucky kid! I love you sweetheart!

2 comments:

Myers Mayhem said...

You are so creative, I'm totally going to have to copy this party someday!

Kathleen said...

seeing nate smile makes it all worth it. seriously. i love that boy.