layout

10/24/2011

Pumpkin Patch

Even though it's 94 degrees in sunny Arizona, we still like to pretend it's Fall. Visiting the Pumpkin Patch is actually one of my least favorite Fall activities -- it's hot, dusty and I have to chase Luke everywhere -- but I feel like I *have* to do it. Like if I didn't do it, I would be depriving my children of some sacred childhood tradition. It's probably because I grew up overseas so I never did things like this when I was growing up.

After the hay ride, the kids were suppose to pick their pumpkin and decorate it. Of course Sadie picked her pumpkin like a good girl. Luke was very excited to pick out his pumpkin. . . Until he discovered that it was more fun to walk on the pumpkins. And roll around on the pumpkins
And then he saw the animals! Goats, sheep, pigs and cows. . .oh my! He could have stayed there all day.

When I went back to check on Sadie and take some pictures she told me to stop because, "I'm trying to focus on decorating my pumpkin right now." It's just beautiful and she has placed in on my entryway table in a spot of honor.

We got to feed all the animals, pet the baby pigs, run around in the hay maze. . . but the highlight for all the kids was the Bouncy House. It's almost like everything was a to-do list that had to be checked off for the ultimate reward. So maybe I can skip the hay and dirt and just buy them a pumpkin at the store and drive to Bounce U next year??

4 comments:

The Tyler's said...

It's so crazy to see all those kids so grown up!
Glad you sucked it up and went...Pumpkin patchin is a must!!

Kathleen said...

is this where the slivers occurred?? those kids are way too attractive. people must hate you. or do they offer to buy your genes??

Anonymous said...

Hey, does my buddy SADIE have pierced ears?
I love the pumpkin patch.
I would take them so you did not have to if I was your neighbor. That would be the absolute most fun for me ever. I LOVE you. Aunt Beaney

Nicole said...

ok your kiddos are just too stinkin cute!!!