layout

7/18/2012

Idaho -- Thursday

Thursday was panic day.  We woke up and realized that my sister was leaving the next day and we hadn't accomplished anything on our to do list other than lots of sleepovers and midnight runs.  We had to pacify ourselves with donuts for breakfast.

Unfortunately for us it was a nasty rainy day so we decided to head up to the Museum of Idaho and their King Tut exhibit.  To be honest, 4 kids in a museum, particularly MY 4 kids in a museum not geared towards kids did not sound like a lot of fun, but I figured the parent to kid ratio was pretty good (my mom and dad, Kristine and then me to just my 4 crazies) so we ran with it.

It was surprisingly fun.  My kids loved everything!  Thank you House of Anubis (really awful show on Nick that my kids watch religiously) for making ancient Egyptian artifacts so cool. 

Sadie and Luke quickly found the kids area and made themselves at home.  Luke loved all the cool tunnels into the forest and Sadie took over the pioneer house.  She swept it, straightened up all the dishes, rearranged the furniture and had friends over for tea.  Too bad Nate showed up at one point and decided he was a robber who climbed in through her window and stole her only pot!  We made him scrub the clothes on the washboard and go live in the teepee as punishment.  Seriously, this place was cool.
 At the end of any museum you will find my children's favorite attraction -- the gift shop.  I think we probably spent more time there than in the actual museum.  They still had leftovers from the dinosaur exhibition so Luke was in heaven.  We ended up with 2 really awesome looking stuffed T-rexes (pictured below).

Sadie wanted these hideous flying fairies that cost $22 to which I said, "What am I?  A Rockefeller?"  (Are you getting sick of that joke because I am not!)  I actually just said no.  In the end she ended up picking a pack of water crystal beads.  She is seriously so random.  Basically you put these little beads into water and they expand.  Then you're suppose to use them as vase fillers for your cut flowers.  Sadie had so much fun growing them all.

When we got back that afternoon we put on a mad dash to get more things checked off the list.  Cookies -- check!  Cinnamon rolls -- check! (who cares that they weren't ready until 10 pm, we still needed a midnight snack) Painting rocks -- CHECK!!

Painting rocks is a tradition we started with my grandma.  Every year my sister paints one in honor of Nate.  There was the year of cheesey worms.  And the year with his butt crack.  I was just thinking that my Grandmother would probably horrified that we are using an event in her honor to make little children cry.  But it's good to learn to laugh at yourself.  This year Kathleen channeled Grandma and went safe (since her masterpieces usually result in a very teary Nate) and painted Nate playing Club Penguin. And seriously, I wish I had a picture of that because they played that every spare second they could find.
Luke and Livy wanted in this year so we got them some paint smocks.  Luke managed to get his so that his head and arm went through the head hole like a toga, but then his leg went through the arm hole like some sort of romper.

Oh wait, we're cold -- back in the hot tub.
And that was Thursday.  I think we did pedicures this day too.  See, we could eat all that junky food (I was just thinking that I didn't even mention all the times we roasted s'mores) because we played HARD!

2 comments:

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...

La livraison rapide, lunettes de soleil homme element tel que decrit, mec brillante *******

carpetclean12 said...

Reaaly such a nice information thanks for sharing.


PLease visit on these hypertext keywords also:-- carpet cleaning chattanooga | hardwood cleaning birmingham | housecleaning Huntsville | carpet cleaning huntsville | housecleaning birmingham