layout

7/26/2012

Sadie and School

Let's be honest.  We all knew Sadie was going to get in trouble at school.  I think we were all a little surprised that it was her very.first.day.

Maybe I should have been concerned that Sadie seemed a little *too* confident at the start of school.  Or maybe the warning bells should have gone off when I saw that her desk was right next to her very best friend, Ezra.  But Sadie came home positively unaffected by the fact that she had to pull a stick.

Words came out of her mouth like, "I was talking to practically everyone in my entire class."  "Mrs. Wilson didn't seem to mind."  "I only missed like 5 seconds of recess.  I still had 10 minutes."  She isn't even upset that she's missing Friday free time.  "Mrs. Wilson said I could bring some toys next week!"  We had a little chat and she hasn't lost a stick since, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nate also entertained us with some gems like, "I at least waited until Friday to lose my sticks."  It's like a new record in our house.  And one that she is very proud to hold at that.  Help me!!!

TOP 5 things I miss about having Sadie at home:
5.  I was making a salad for lunch and I had no one to eat the leftovers of the peppers and tomatoes.  I just had to put them away in the fridge.
4.  I had to put away all the laundry all by myself.
3. Luke asks, "Where's Sadie?" all day.  Then he grabs his backpack and says, "I go to school too?
2. Today I had to unload the dishwasher.
1. No snuggles or funny little comments all day.  Sadie heard that Luke and I went to the movies the other day and she got really sad.  "I'm missing out on all the fun Mommy time."

TOP 5 things that aren't so bad about having Sadie at school:
5. Her room stays clean and there is less laundry since she can't change her clothes ten times a day
4.  No one climbing the pantry shelves.  I went to grab some fruit for a snack and turns out it was actually there.  She'll usually pound an entire Cosstco container of berries as a snack.
3. Luke takes a nap since he's bored out of his mind with me and the house is so quiet.  Today we played every single game in the game closet.

2. She actually sleeps at night because she is so worn out.
1. Lots and lots of entertaining stories.  Plus she is learning so much and she is the most adorable learner in the world.

3 comments:

Megan said...

This cracks me up! Thanks for posting the good things about having her gone because I am dreading the day I have to send Lucy. The less laundry because she won't be changing her clothes all day long is something to look forward to!

Unknown said...

NY Giants 2012 jerseys: Spread formations own hurt that Giants' secondary in the past, helping opposition passers ordinary 7. 5 yards for every attempt general last months. With Terrell Thomas re-occurring from any torn ACL, is this individual going to be effective? Can 2012 NHL Jerseys make an impact as any Cheap NFL Jerseys?

les lunettesde soleil pas cher said...

La livraison rapide, lunettes de soleil homme element tel que decrit, mec brillante *******