layout

7/18/2012

Idaho -- Tuesday

Tuesday morning we woke up and my mom announced that she had a dreamed a dream that we should go to DI that morning.  And so we went.  I think we spent $11 and came home with a boatload of games that we played over the course of the week.  And some shoes for Sadie since we decided if she had better footwear she might be a better bike rider.  Maybe.

The big game hit of the week, however, was Headbandz.  The kids insisted that it sounded so lame but it was so freaking awesome.
 The best was that Luke would play with us.  He would look at the card, put it in his headband and then proceed with the following questions, "Am I a cow?"  "Am I a t-rex?"  "Am I (insert name of whatever card he picked)?"  It made us laugh every time.  The best was when he was ACTUALLY a cow and he still followed the same order.  "Am I a cow?"  Why yes, yes you are.  And then he looked bummed, like oh shoot, I can't ask anymore questions.  And sometimes he'd blurt right out what you were, "Nate!  You a dragon!"

While Luke and Livy took a nap. . .  Wait, actually only one of them took a nap.  Can you guess who?  WRONG!  It was Luke.  He seriously took a nap!  So while Luke took a nap and Olivia played with Beaney, we took our 6 kids (sometimes I like to adopt Kyle and Kathleen) to see Brave in 3-D.
It cost $77!  SEVENTY SEVEN DOLLARS to see a movie!!  What are we?  Rockefellers??  Luckily my dad had subsidized the outing with $80 and when he asked if there was any change I just laughed.  But it was seriously awesome in 3-D and since Dustin doesn't "believe" in 3-D (whatever that means, it will continue to exist even if you don't believe in it), it's probably my first and last movie in 3-D.  Thanks Pops!

When we got back from the movies we found the irrigating had begun and Luke and Livy were happily running around in what Luke named, "Lukey's Lake."  Why is he so creative???

I then forced my girls to get their hair done so we could take family pictures and our aunt Chelle came over for dinner along with my cousin Hannah (who is Ellie's age).  She brought the world's most delicious cupcakes (which were shockingly from Wal Mart, but seriously they were really good).  I ate probably 3 or 4 just myself (because I had to help Luke finish his) and then I didn't run for the rest of the week.  Vacation Maddy = Fatty Maddy.
Picture taking went about as well as picture taking always goes when you're me.  Which means, I yelled and bribed a lot and I'm still not sure we came out with anything decent.  But Kyle promises me there is something. 

1 comment:

Danika said...

Sounds like me with family pictures...lots of yelling and bribing! :)

We have the Headbanz game and I don't really like it. Good concept, but too hard for the little kids - they can't think of good questions to ask so they get frustrated.