layout

6/04/2015

Birthday Boy!

Luke turned 6! I can hardly believe he is that old. I can no longer shop in the toddler section of the store.

But we still CELEBRATED!!
 
He had been dying to open his presents for over a week, so he tore into those things as soon as he woke up. Dinosaur legos from Aunt Beaney, a sno cone maker and a skateboard from my parents. Our gift to him was his birthday party.

He had summer school in the morning (I put Luke and Sadie in classes over the summer to entertain them while we waited for Ellie to wake up each morning) and then we went to the store to pick out a cake. That's right, not only did I not bake a cake, I waited until an hour before the party to even pick something up. I am either loosening up or getting lazier in my old age.
He picked out a Skylanders cake from Fry's, where I paid double the price of a Costco cake for half the size of cake just so I wouldn't have leftovers for weeks.
 
And then we went to BOUNCE U!! The happiest place on earth for mothers who don't want strange children running around their house, jumping on their furniture and messing up their bathrooms. See the kid on the left -- he wasn't actually invited to party. We think he just found another kid's invite and gave it to his mom. I felt too awkward to ask who he was when she RSVPed.


And that night to celebrate, he went to X-treme Week (Vacation Bible School) which he looooved. All week long his sticker had a birthday cake on it and he couldn't wait for everyone to wish him happy birthday. I don't think we could have picked a better way to celebrate his birthday. He's still sad every day that VBS is over.


No comments: