layout

5/19/2006

The sleepover



So Monday was Ellie's official "first" sleepover. I blame Gina who told Kenzie that she could have a sleepover when she turned 4 because then Ellie got it into her head that she could have one when she was 4. So of course Ellie was 3 for an entire year and I was sure she would forget about it. She then made the mistake of telling Erin that she could have a sleepover when they were 4, and Erin never forgot.

Soooo, we had the sleepover and it was actually pretty funny. The girls played, went swimming, did the Banzai slide (I have sooooooo gotten my money out of that thing), ate pizza for dinner and then watched soem movies. I made the mistake of sending Dustin to the video store. He rented Valiant (lamest movie ever) and Little Einsteins (HELLO! Was there nothing with BARBIE in the title??). He obviously doesn't know 4 year old girls very well. I also told him Erin doesn't like popcorn, so he got chocolate covered nuts for a snack. Yuuuum, melted chocolate on my carpet.

We got the girls into bed at 9:30 after an hour or two of playing with every toy known to man. But for the next hour all you could hear was giggling. They were in there telling knock knock jokes. But not knock knock jokes like older kids tell, the knock knock jokes 4 year olds tell.
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Silly Goose.
Silly Goose who?
Silly goose cookie!
And then they turned to potty humor as the hour progressed. At one point I went in there and they insisted on telling me a joke.
Knock Knock.
Who's there?
Buuuuuuuuuu. . . (breaks into hysterical giggling)
Buu. . . (more giggling)
(continues giggling)
Buuuuuuuuttttttttttt (uncontrolable giggling).
I'm surprised no one wet their pants. But they did go to sleep, together, in the top bunk and slept form 10:30 till. . . 6:30. Luckily Dustin was sweet enough to get up with them.

It was totally adorable and fun though, and I'm sure we'll do it again sometime!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw- how cute are they?!

Michelle said...

ahhahaaaa that is so cute!

I'm not even close to ready for all that but seeing your pictures makes me smile :)

Anonymous said...

Remember your first sleepover with Molly? I do!
Love, Maddy's Mom

Lisa said...

girls--so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Maddy updated her blog?!?!? Who knew! I have a couple of posts to catch up on!!

They look adorable! It looks like a little Maddy and a little Beth!

Anonymous said...

BTW, the anonymous is me. I can't remember my password. :p

Anonymous said...

Duh, "me" being Kerry. Arg. I'll get this right at some point.

Anonymous said...

You're a braaaaaaaaaaave woman! One 4 year old girl is about all I can handle in a day. LOL