layout

5/27/2006

He's hoooooooooome

He's home. And I survived (ok, I've done is donzen of times before, but it has been a long time since he last had a trip and Nate naps a lot less now). I cleaned the house, read 5 books, fed the children totally nutrionally unsound meals, organized the closet (which was still a disaster from Nate's-sleeping-in-the-closet phase), got the washing machine fixed all by myself, then did laundry -- folded AND put away, had one sleep over with Ellie (never to be repeated again after she talked in her sleep all night), went swimming three times, made sure everyone KNEW I was alone so they could pity me, took a nap almost every day and actually enjoyed having the kiddos all to myself for the week -- so you don't actually have to pity me.

In fact, now that he's home, I've noticed the house is a zillion times messier (not that I'm complaining since most of it is from home cooked meals that actually contain meat and green leafy veggies). I have decided that men are inherently messy. Just by entering a room, they invite chaos. Stray crayons, empty cups, and dirty diapers are all magnetically drawn to them. And then promptly left on the floor.

However, I'm glad mine's home. Chaos and all.

15 comments:

Lisa said...

I am missing mine now too! Glad your hubby is home!

Anonymous said...

I'm a BIG Dustin fan and believe he should be accorded a little more respect!!! In my book, the man walks on water!!! He's the yin to your yang; the calm to your storm -- and you are one lucky lady!!! I'm glad he's home too!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, Billy Club? :O

Kidding. Ummmm, I was buying your story right up until you said you folded AND put away the laundry. Ummmmmm, NO ONE does that. LIAR!!!

Michelle said...

"And then promptly left on the floor."

ain't that the truth. They also have the chip missing in their brain that tells them where the trash can is...or well, that trash cans even exist really.

Anonymous said...

hi Maddy!!!!

glad to see you have a blog too!

I agree with you on the messy men part--and having a DH who is a SAHD makes it 1000 times worse!!

LOL

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm..... sometimes I do actually wish I had one. *sniff*

Unknown said...

Awwww. And mine leaves tomorrow after a full month home. I totally hear ya on the messy thing. My house is so much cleaner when he's gone! And it's not that he doesn't clean up, either. I guess we all get lazy.

Glad you're getting better meals now! And as soon as I can open my mouth without hacking, you'll be the first one invited over; promise! :)

Kerry said...

Yay!!

(I swear I left some witty response on this post before, but I don't see it now. Grr.)

I'm glad he is home Maddy!!!

Kerry said...

Hmm. He is home and maddy hasn't updated in awhile. ;)

Skyrockets at night...afternoon delight.... ;)

Michelle said...

ba chinga bwa waa

Kerry said...

Since Maddy doesn't update her blog enough, I think we should turn her blog into the chat blog. ;)

Maddy Maddy Maddy! Come out and play!

Kerry said...

Hee hee. She'll be all surprised next time she looks and there are so many comments. ;)

We love you Maddy!! :)

Michelle said...

Wanna take bets on baby #3????








yes, I went there

Michelle said...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. get out of bed and update your stinking blog. :)

Anonymous said...

some pictures would be nice for her sister in italy. also, your friends are on crack.