layout

10/11/2009

Give Thanks

I picked this up at HobLob last week. Can't wait to take down my Trick-or-Treat ornament on my wreath and put this up there instead.

Awhile back I was teaching my Sunday School class and one of the points the lesson made was that sometimes we can fast in gratitude. So that's what I'm doing today. Every time I think about how hungry I am, I am so grateful that this is a feeling I only experience once a month instead of daily.

Sadie is probably my favorite prayer-giver in our house right now. Her prayers seem to go on and on forever, but I love all the little things she's grateful for. Things like her" house, the play room, stuff, that Lukers can eat well, Uncle Kyles and Aunt Lolas. . .." It's so sweet and reminder to count ALL of our blessings. Even the little ones.

So here's some little blessings in our house this Sunday.

Nate's new slippers. I took the big kids out to do some winter clothes shopping seeing as it's now 86 degrees out. BRRRR! We needed some long sleeved clothes! Nate picked out these slippers and I had to give in to his adorable pleading.

Luke's first taste of rice cereal. Now that he's 4 months, we get to start on the solids. I can't believe in a few short months he'll be eating Puffs!! I hate that he is growing up so fast, but then I have to sit back and be grateful he's GROWING!!! This is surprising because I like to scrunch him into a little ball and cuddle him as often as possible. The "You Never Let Me Sleep Enough at Church" look. Too many pass offs between Dustin and me as we juggle him between callings and taking Sadie to the bathroom.

I'm grateful for toys littering my halls because that means my house is full of children.
I tried explaining to Sadie that she has to get used to be tickled, pinched, squeezed, kissed. . . because she's just too funny and cute to resist.

And last of all -- little helpers. I'm so lucky they still want to spend time with me no matter what I'm doing. Even if I'm just going to the store, they beg to come along. They help me do the laundry, put on my make up, brush my teeth, put on lotion, Sunday baking. . . Today we made butterscotch pecan cookies and sugar cookies. I'm not sure there are any left because every time I turn around Sadie has another cookie. Off to the freezer they go!

What's something you're grateful for??

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Sadie's prayers too! And I miss my big helpers around here! We laughed and talked about all the fun we had with them while they were here. Love the Lukers' "I need a rest from church!" look!

Love, Granma

Kathleen said...

oh my gosh! stop this post, it might make me cry! all those kids look 2000000 years older than the last time i saw them. what gorgeous smiles and faces and cute little noses. i love those kids so much!!

but of course, i have to give a shout out to my girl sadie for mentioning me in her prayers!

ellie's hair is getting so long!

how much trouble are you going to have with nate when he is a teenager? he's going to be THE heart throb.

i miss these kids :( boo hoo poor me.

Meredith said...

I am grateful for friends like you and we can go to HobLob and Anthro together!

The Tyler's said...

I'm grateful for this post..and those adorable faces!

Chelsea said...

Can you guys come on vacation here? I'd be grateful for that...

Lisa Brown said...

Love this post! I am grateful for the huge hugs my kids love to give and receive, and that Derek has finally learned to kiss me with his mouth closed :).

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

I love this post too. Your kids are darling. I am grateful that Dave will be her in 9 days and that our baby is almost here and will will soon get to be a family again.

AZ Hey-mon said...

I am grateful for vacations, the beach and my friends and family that I miss.