layout

10/13/2009

Skills Assessment

Last week we started noticing that Luke trying to roll to his side. You all know how it goes with each successive child. . . Luke will probably start walking and we won't notice for a week. I was showing the kids how I put a little toy to his side and he would try so hard to get it. So close! Look at all that focus on his face.

After a little pep talk from the big kids
He was ready to go at it again.
Everything is better with a cheering section

OH MY GOSH!

TA DA!!!

This lead to much rejoicing in the land.


After some celebration, do it all again.


And this is the part where I admit that I'm really pretty upset that he can roll over. I want him to still be sleeping on my chest. I can't believe how fast they grow up and I want to savor every little minute. Pretty soon he'll be making messes and talking back!! I'm going to miss having a sweet little baby around. Luckily for me, Dustin's youngest brother and his wife haven't even started having kids yet, and my sister and sister-on-law are gestating as I type.

14 comments:

Rach said...

I can't believe he is already rolling over!! Why do they have to get big so fast?

lynette said...

so cute! cherish every moment!

The Tyler's said...

Such a big boy! Loved the play by play. The pic of Ellie holding Luke with his face that is saying "help me please!" is my favorite.

Mamacita said...

What a lucky boy to have such a great cheering section!
Love the anticipation on their faces and the determination on his.

Meredith said...

And I thought this was going to be about wire spider making skillz!

Luke is so cute - look at that cheer leading section - way to go!

Kathleen said...

i thought ellie was biting him in the first picture. i don't know what i love more the look of concentration on luker's face or the looks on nate and ellie's faces. we sure do miss those little squirts. give them a big hug and kiss from us!

Michelle said...

You go Luke! Fantastic! What a fan club and cheering section! Love you!

ajoachim said...

Yeah Luke!! I can't believe he's rolling over already!

Lisa Brown said...

I love how excited your other kids were at his achievement. It really made me want to have another baby! Now I just need to convince my husband - too bad that is like trying to turn water into wine. Oh well, for now i will enjoy the pictures of your adorable Luke :).

Shauna-Lou said...

Nice work Luke!! I expect you to answer the door when we arrive next month :)

Shauna-Lou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Miskin said...

That's so cute. Caleb did the same thing when Skyler finally rolled over...so much applause it was great!

ASHLEY said...

SO adorable...I seriously got tears in my eyes!

Rickie said...

I am just amazed that you captured the whole roll-over on camera. Those are awesome pics. What a cute cheering section. Isn't it so fun to see the sibling start to love each other already, I love it!