layout

10/03/2009

I stayed up way too late

I went to bed at 2 am last night and then I woke up at 7, just out of habit. How unfair is that??? And even worse was when I walked into the bedroom to find this:I'm the one whose butt is dragging -- I should get to be cuddling in the bed!!!

Usually I spend Conference weekend deep cleaning and organizing (I listen best when my hands are busy -- some people scrapbook, I clean), but today I opted to sit and hold a baby. Last night we threw together a little girls night and got some holiday crafting in, which is great since I put up my holiday decor two weeks ago (I've been saying, "October's almost here" since September 5th, so I got a little jump start on fall).
Notice how out of date my picture wall is? Yes, I've had TWO more kids since I've updated it.

Thanks to my crazy fantastic friends I came home with some cute stuff. SPOOKY blocks (Molly)
Advent Blocks (Sarah)
I did a fun little house after I saw my friend make a Valentine's Day one out of a Goldfish box.

And Meredith had some really cute clips. I spent all afternoon session of Conference working on these. Ellie even made two of them.

I did steal this from Molly's blog -- if you look REEEALLLY closely, you can see my fabo green PJ bottoms. Also, I want it to be known that I was going to do my hair until our power went out RIGHT as I walked into the bathroom.
It was a LOT of work, but still a LOT of fun. And that's why I am now diligently trying to stay awake.

15 comments:

Danika said...

I saw Molly's blog post. Looks like so much fun...too bad I wasn't invited...HINT HINT! :)

Meredith said...

I just had a bit of a nap watching the President Monson biography movie after conference. It was such a blast and you did look fantastic in your power outage hair.

Lara Neves said...

I want to do a girls night out craft edition! Way cute stuff!

Janel said...

Love the advent blocks! I have a bunch of those blocks, I'm totally gonna make some :D I was up till 2 and up at 7 too, but for not as fun of reasons :(

The Tyler's said...

I might die if I look at that picture of Luke anymore! I could eat him up in one bite!
Everything looks so dreamy. I really love the spooky house. How do I make it???
I actually got all my Halloween stuff all up today...huray!!

Michelle said...

Oh I love that chubby little doll -- I wish I could kiss those cheeks! Love, Granma

Nicole said...

I'm sad that I dont get to put up any halloween decorations this year :( I'll just wait till Christmas I guess

Kathleen said...

i wish i could eat luke up in one bite but he's getting too chubby! those little rolls in his hands are too much to handle. i want to come kiss him all over. and i see d still has a sweet tan line...

so please don't lose anymore weight, you are so teensy.

Lisa Brown said...

Ooo, I want to do fun crafts like those!! So cute! Why don't I live closer?

Amber Miskin said...

Those are great Maddy. You should tell us how to make that cute house!

Unknown said...

I hate the internal clock thing! Ah! But, on the bright side--your crafts are really cute ;D Impressive

ajoachim said...

I can't believe how big Luke is getting! I still remember him at, what was it, 8 lbs?

Chelsea said...

FUN!!!!!!! Yes really, want to come on vacation up here? I pulled out my box of decorations for fall and halloween. BOY was it SAD!! I realized I threw out a lot of dumb stuff when we were packing last year for our move, and then haven't unpacked it till now. So 2 years later...it needs some revamping. COME PLAY

AZ Hey-mon said...

Wow, I am behind on your blog! Super fun night. Your bows turned out cute! love it all.

laura said...

i LOVE your picture wall, even if its not updated! :) that little halloween collage is too cute.