layout

10/02/2009

True Confessions

Yesterday was CRAZY and I spent the entire day in my PJ bottoms. They don't scream pajamas, but they're green and plaid and a bit on the brighter side, so I sort of cringed every time I realized another person saw me in them.

After school we had plans with friends to come over and hang out and ride bikes. On the way to pick the kids up from preschool Ellie reminded me that I had promised her a trip to Target to buy some new sidewalk chalk and then Nate reminded me that he wanted to make cookies for his preschool snack and of course we were out of eggs and butter. . .

What's a mom to do? I mean, I'm in my pajama shorts. Most of you would probably 1) never leave your house in your pajama shorts or 2) run home and change but 1) I'm lazy and 2) I really didn't have time to run home and make it back to the store before our playdate (I was late for them as it was).

So I told the kids we could go to Wal-Mart, but not Target.

And speaking of the cookies -- here they are. One of my favorite things about Nate is his ability to get REALLY REALLY excited about things. His favorite holiday is without a doubt Halloween, so he really wanted to make Halloween cookies. Well, Vampire cookies, but seeing as I don't have any Twighlight cookie cutters. . .

In case you're wondering about the face -- he fell off his bike and didn't even cry. He's such a tough guy. Sometimes.

10 comments:

Molly said...

Ha, ha, ha.... Wal-mart!!! I am laughing so hard because I have totally done the same thing! I am worried I might end up as a picture on that Walmart blog someday... Or maybe you will!

Lara Neves said...

So, it's okay to go to WalMart in your pajamas but not Target. Got it. I don't have a Target anyway, so I'm safe.

Cookies look yummy, and I still envy your pastry domes in the background. Tried to buy 'em but they sold out. Boo hoo.

Brenda Janda said...

You win the #1 mother award for the week. Well you are always #1 but just to remind ya.
Have a great weekend.

Meredith said...

Oh, nate's poor sad face! Poor little tough guy. I lov eyour green plaid shorts. I see you in them all the time. I had no idea they were PJ shorts, by the way. Wal-Mart over Target - classic!

Lisa Brown said...

Derek had a similar face right when my parents came to visit, and it looked like he had been abused - oh well. And you know, I think as mom's, we all have days like that. I have had a few times where at the end of the day I realized that I had never put on my make-up, or other random things. Somedays we just can't do it all - although, it sounds like if you had to pick between changing and baking cookies, you totally made the right choice :).

Michelle said...

I'm not going to comment on the pj's at walmart event, but my poor little Naters. He is so brave! Kisses and hugs from Granma!

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

i don't think it is fair of you to put pictures of baked goods/reference them in any way, shape or form until you send me some. you know this is killing me and all i crave is YOUR baking, sister. so STOP driving my taste buds into hysterical frenzies.

i think nate is the handsomest boy that ever existed. kyle and i were just talking about what a big five year old he is turning into :(

i wear pajamas out of the house on a tri-daily basis. please tell me you at least had a bra on.

The Tyler's said...

I would have sooo gone to the store with pajama pants on! I do all the time!
I'm so jelous of all your Halloween-ness. I just barley had time to dig it all out of our storage (which was not fun by the way) and need to put it all out. I don't really have any room for holiday decor but I WILL decorate! Halloween is the best holiday ever and we are right in the middle of fall here so I'm pretty excited about it!!

Chelsea said...

Ouchie face! I am turning you into what not to wear :)

Uhm, I never emailed you back. I'm cheating and responding to every post on your blog. K?!

Halloween costume talk is all the rage right now in our house. We bought Star Wars costumes. THen Cody found some Ninja ones on sale from GiJoe. SO they got those. Then they decided they want to be what they were last year. NICE. At least they use their dress ups daily here. EVERYDAY is Halloween!!!