layout

5/25/2011

Overheard

Sadie and her friend Embrie always have the most entertaining conversations as I drive them to preschool. Today I hurried and wrote one of them down.
Sadie: Embrie, do you know why I'm wearing bandaids on my thumbs?
Embrie: Because you hurt your thumbs?
Sadie: No, because I need to stop sucking my thumbs so they won't fall off.
Embrie: Your thumbs won't fall off.
Sadie: Yes they will. If I keep sucking them, first they'll turn red, and then they turn orange and then green and when they turn blue they fall off.
Embrie: I used to suck my fingers and they didn't fall off.
Sadie: What do you suck now?
Embrie: My thumb. It tastes soooo good.
Sadie: Mine too! . . . . (silence). . . . But my mom doesn't even care.

7 comments:

Myers Mayhem said...

Ha ha! I'm dying right now! Too funny! I would love to adopt Sadie!

ASHLEY said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! What a HAM! I love her!!

Lisa Brown said...

That is awesome!!

Anita said...

Shame on you trying to make her stop sucking her thumb when it tastes sooooo good:) Cuteness!

Natalie said...

Vivian sucks her thumb too :) ALL the cute girls are doing it!

Kathleen said...

you know how i feel about this story as i have repeated it seven zillion times and laughed every single one of them.

Brenda Janda said...

I so love this little Sadie girl. She brings a smile to my face,
Thanks for sharing.