layout

5/15/2011

Sleepy Sunday

Our Ward meets at 11:30 which is kind of a miserable time. Lunch time, nap time, play time. Poor Luke. We've finally got Sacrament down to a science. We all scrunch up on the left side of our pew. This works out well since my oldest three want to lounge all over me so the closer to me, the better. The Jandas sit on the other side of the pew as far over as they can. Luke then runs his train back and forth across the middle of the bench. Do not touch his train. Do not LOOK at him. Just throw some Apple Jacks in the tinder of the train every once in awhile and he's good to go.

Occasionally he'll hop up on the bench find Dustin and shout, "MOM!" Or take a train book to Kyle and make him flip the pages. Then he goes to Nursery where I'm sure he bullies the other kids.

After all that hard work he comes home and it's too late for a nap, so I try and keep him up through dinner and put him to bed early. He never makes it. This was right before dinner last week.Sundays are rough if you don't get a nap.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I HATE 11:30 or 11:00 church. I was the bursery leader when we had that time, and all the kids cried because they were starving and exhausted. We could only give them so much snack, and parents forgot to feed them or didn't have time to feed them before church. I felt so bad for the kids. When we switched to 9am, it was like a miraculous transformation.