layout

6/17/2011

Hooray for Grandma & Papa!!

While I was camp, Dustin's parents sweetly responded to all my begging and pleading and came and watched the kids for a week. Cheryl is Super Woman! If you don't know, Dustin's dad has Parkinson's, so she takes care of him all day (and takes him to the bathroom every few hours each night). Then to take on all 4 of my kids on top of it?? We are so lucky!!

Below are a few of the pictures Ellie took while I was gone.
Sadie was of course wonderful at buttering up her Papa. He is a very good cuddler and we all know that is Sadie's specialty. The kids were also really lucky to have their cousins, Jake and Cody, come out and spend the night for a few days.While I was gone, Luke started pulling the kitchen chairs around so he could climb up to get any food or games/crafts/things put out of his reach for a reason that he wanted. I am so sorry Cheryl. He also turned the garage into his playroom, which resulted in beautiful feet:The kids made sun catchers, painted shirts, paper airplanes, bead crafts, played games (Ellie got a double Yahtzee!), took a few trips to Dairy Queen for ice cream (one opened up a quarter mile from our house -- come visit and we'll take you for blizzards every night!!), had a water fight and made pie.
Cheryl remembered how much my kids love making pies with her and brought them all their own mini-rolling pins and pie tins. Sadie and I were really excellent at eating the pies.I know my kids had a wonderful time and I'm so grateful to Cheryl for giving up a week of her life to come spend time with all of us. It was so nice to be at camp and not worry about my kids because I knew they were being spoiled rotten by Grandma and Papa. I just hope we didn't wear them out so much they won't come back! WE LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

wow! i am worn out from reading that! cheryl is a wonderful grandmom! my favorite picture is... guess... nate sticking out his tongue.

Michelle said...

Let's hear it for Grandma and Papa Rogers! They R.O.C.K!,,,

Lisa Brown said...

What amazing grandparents!!