layout

6/20/2011

Tennis Camp

Ellie and her girlfriends have been taking tennis for a year now and they're really quite cute. I can't wait until they can play matches against each other. This week we decided to put them all in tennis camp for the week.

Nate decided that maybe he would give tennis a try too. He was so nervous before camp this morning. You could tell because he couldn't eat breakfast and started freaking out when he couldn't get his socks on. Finally I asked him what he was so scared about. "I'm scared a ball is going to hit me in my face and I'll bleed."
Well good news: No balls hit him the face. Bad news: He did bleed. He tripped and skinned his knee. When I asked him how it was he said, "AWESOME!" At first I was a little nervous because he kept wanting to swing the racket like a baseball bat, but he settled in and started getting the ball over the net.

Nate's lesson started a little later than the girls and ended 15 minutes after it. I thought they were doing a lovely job entertaining Luke. And I guess they were. Sadie came over, sopping wet, and told me she wanted to change clothes. I informed her that I had no extra clothes. She then pulled out the backpack she had brought and guess what was in it? Extra clothes. I asked Sadie why she had a backpack full of extra clothes and she said, "You know. In case I wanted to get wet." She is always prepared.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

okay, ellie is a teenager. tear tear.

and sadie is HILARIOUS. i love that story SO much.

and i am SO glad nathan james loved tennis!! i wish i could have heard his freak out. they are some of my favorites!

The Tyler's said...

Ok..hear goes...

Noah and I played tennis last week and I am an official FAN! I love it! Even if I totally stink. I love Sadie Rogers!!!

Happy Father's day Dustin (Noah and I decided we can't call him Bishop...yet)

Camp looked fabulous! I can't wait for the day to do that. That little bag of candy is so my style.

Your in laws are super sweet to come out for the week. I love Luke's dirty feet.

Are you kidding me with the Trapeze lessons????? I would die and probably cry too...(but now kind of want to do it.)

And finally...Happy Bday Luke! I'll give him a big kiss in a few weeks!

Michelle said...

Sadie and the extra clothes, lol, but did she have shoes?

Amy F. said...

First, oh Sadie -always makes me laugh! I am loving the tennis!! (I started playing about Ellie's age).
Go Nate!
Happy (late) Birthday to Luke!! He's a lucky kid ;)

Lisa Brown said...

Sadie is just plain awesome!