layout

6/10/2011

The Terrible Twos

Luke turned 2! And trust me, the terrible twos have hit. Will he survive this year? Will *I* survive this year? We are in full force tantrum mode and he's climbing onto and breaking everything in the house. Despite that, we all still love him to pieces! He still loves trains, balls, saying prayers, talking on the phone and making animal sounds. He still hates eating, sitting in Church and going to time out.

I will have to grab a picture of him pouting because it's hilarious. He will stick his ginormous bottom lip, shrug his shoulders and make this sad puppy dog whimpering noise. SO pathetic.

To celebrate his birthday we. . . went to the lake. Adults only. Am I terrible mother? We did celebrate it with his favorite non-Mac & Cheese dinner (spaghetti) and a cake he didn't eat (anyone surprised??). I knew he wouldn't eat it, so rather than spend hours making something I sent Dustin and Sadie out to pick up a cake. I was hoping they'd picked up something yummy, but Sadie had an idea in her head of what kind of cake she wanted and she wasn't stopping until she found it. She even told me, "I worked really hard on picking out that cake Mom." She loved the present and party hat decorations and I think the pink and purple frosting probably won her over too.

He loved his presents that the kids picked out: a giant Chuggington coloring book, the Little People Airport. My parents enrolled him in the Train of the Month Club. Did you ever think one even existed? So Luke is officially the first person in our house to be in a Month Club. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

i cannot believe he is getting SO big and how much he looks like nathan james!! what a handsome, hilarious and chatty boy you have! i love talking to him, even if he does call me grandma!

that cake is BEAUTIFUL!! sadie did SUCH an amazing job!

i can't believe he is two!

p.s. have i mentioned the cake??

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see Lukers at the beach!