layout

1/16/2012

2011 Hits List

I feel pretty lucky because I never have a shortage of dates for New Year's Eve. This year the Christensens invited us over for our annual date. We made it a pajama party and had breakfast for dinner. We played some dancing games on the Kinect, Imaginiff and celebrated the New Years with all our East Coast family. That's my nice way of saying we celebrated at 10 pm so we could get the kids in bed at a decent hour because we had 9 am church the next morning. I will say that church on New Years Day is *very* reverent. If you can call an entire congregation of kids and teenagers sleeping on the benches reverent.
The kids were far more into the fireworks this year than in the past. It could have been that it was a few hours earlier so they hadn't hit the wall yet. Or maybe it was the crazy warm weather. But most likely because they're all growing up. Sniff sniff. Even Luke got to stay awake this year instead of being put to bed in a pack-n-play. The older kids decorated him, but I'm sure he deserved it!

2011 was good to us, except that it went too fast and my kids grew a few too many inches. My girlfriend does a little Hit List each year, so I hope she doesn't mind me copying her idea.

Favorite Book
Dustin: Book of Mormon (only book he finished)
Maddy: The Kitchen House
Ellie: Harry Potter 4
Nate: Big Nate
Sadie: Lily's Purple Plastic Purse
Luke: Anything with a train in it

Favorite Movie
Dustin: Sherlock Holmes
Maddy: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Ellie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Nate: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Sadie: Arthur Christmas
Luke: Cars 2

Most Memorable Event
Dustin: Taking the kids to the BYU football game
Maddy: Diving in Grand Cayman
Ellie: Going to the Beach House
Nate: Building the biggest LEGO ship with Daven
Sadie: Going to Aunt Lola's house
Luke: Playing with Olivia

Favorite Christmas Present
Dustin: Massage
Maddy: My new cookie sheets
Ellie: My own room
Nate: LEGO Fire Temple
Sadie: Squinkie House
Luke: POCOYO!

Something You Look Forward to in 2012
Dustin: Belize
Maddy: School ending
Ellie: Nate getting Baptized
Nate: Article of Faith Ice Cream Party
Sadie: Going to Aunt Beaney's House
Luke: Birthday Party with Asa


1 comment:

Danika said...

Oh I like the "Hits" list - I am totally stealing that idea! :)