layout

11/30/2012

Nate's Baptism

I am really behind (but I'm just going to back date this little sucker and in a few years no one will be the wiser).  The main reason I am behind: Blurb.  I finally started converting my blog into a book.  I decided to start with 2007 since it's the year I stopped scrapbooking and my computer crashed, so I lost all of those pictures and memories.  It also happens to be the year I blogged the most.  So at first I stopped blogging the present because all my spare time was spent formatting the past.  And then I stopped blogging because I freaking HATE myself 5 years ago.  I was so anal and organized.  I guess it's a good thing I had 4 kids so reality could hit me.  And finally I stopped blogging because I realized that I would one day end up in blurb and I'd have to format everything I'm typing at the moment.


And yet -- great things have happened. A few weeks before Nate's birthday he told me that he wanted a quad.  I told him no.  He kept asking me how much it would cost to get one and insisted it was the only thing he wanted.  Finally I told him they were hundreds and hundreds of dollars and not really something I was going to splurge on because we would never even take him quadding.  So then he asks me why Ellie has *her* own quad.  And I'm totally confused.  Until I realize he's talking about SCRIPTURES!  We call a combination of the Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C and Pearl of Great Price a quadruple combination or a "quad."  Nate was definitely ready to be baptized!

Dustin took him out to get his suit one busy Saturday morning.  I was so excited when these adorable pictures were texted to me.
 (changing room -- not my bathroom)


I stole this idea from Megan, but I loved having him write the program in his own handwriting.  I loved watching his tongue and facial expressions as he painstakingly wrote everything; even when the lines slanted into each other and he crossed out misspelled words.

We were so lucky to have so much family come into town.  We filled the program with people who had traveled from so far away to be here for him. Including my Aunt Kristine who brought Nate . . .
his very own quad!  He was so excited.  Too bad his lame mom left it at the Stake Center and he thought he had lost it for 2 weeks.



It was an even better day because it was MY BIRTHDAY!  So I will forever share a very special day with Nate.  It was the very best birthday present anyone has ever given me.

My sister and Kristine gave talks.  My mom lead the music.  Sadie and her friends sang a musical number.
When we were at Parker's baptism, Avery and her cousin sang a song and Sadie got it in her head that that was just what she would like to do for Nate's.  The five girls even squished onto 3 chairs just so they could sit together.  They sang Jesus Once was a Little Child and it made my heart melt.

When Nate was being confirmed, I peeked for a minute and I could see Nate sitting in the middle of the circle through a crack.  I looked at all the amazing men with their hands and his head and I got goosebumps.  He is so blessed to have these great Priesthood examples. These men, from Grandpas and Uncles to his dad and family friends are so loving and caring and I hope he will follow in their footsteps.  I am so grateful he is surrounded by so much love.

After the baptism we headed back to our house for lunch.  The weather was fantastic and we still had everything set up from Thanksgiving, so we managed to squeeze everyone in as always.  There were children everywhere, including the playhouse.  Just the way I like it.


I love love my family.  I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I'm so grateful that Nate feels the same way.
Best birthday ever.

No comments: