layout

11/27/2012

Third Time's a Charm

It was our 3rd year of Wobbling and Plodding at the Turkey Trot I host with a few very fun friends.
The great things about year three -- it pretty much runs itself.  We have a pretty good idea of what we need and what to do and it was a lot less work than the previous 3 years.

The night before I put my children to work, because let's face it, after years of fetching the remote for my own father and wondering why he was so lazy, I had 4 children just so I could have my own army of worker bees.  Strange how I feel like I still do most of the work. . .

Even better -- some friends ended up over for the afternoon, so I made their kids work too.  They updates signs and colored in posters (and decorated for Thanksgiving, but that's another post) while I baked and packaged prizes.

I took the year off to help time and enjoy the race and since my parents were here, Dustin ran in the 10K.
Can you find Dustin?  I'm DYING at Mike Bryner!  Dustin came in fourth after not running for 6 months.

My parents each took a kid and ran the 5K with them.  I was a little nervous because my kids are not runners and they only picked the 3 mile course because all of their friends were doing it.

They both looked like they wanted to die at the end, but they did it and I'm so proud.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. . .
 Maybe I should train with them next year?  A practice run or two probably would have been good.

Sadie and Luke did the 1 mile course.  Well, Sadie did and then Luke *tried* to run it when he noticed I was missing.

This is my very favorite way to start out Thanksgiving Day and it was even better to have my family here to run it (last year we had Dustin's brother and family -- who's coming in next year??).  The best surprise was at the end when my Aunt Kristine and Uncle Dave rolled into town after driving all night from Idaho.
 And then we ran back the house to get Thanksgiving dinner ready for our 24 guests.

1 comment:

Kristine Hodson said...

The best part of the run was actually being there.
I cannot believe I got to attend.
Love Aunt Beaney