layout

12/23/2012

All those parties

My favorite part of Christmas time is all the chances to see friends and enjoy everyone's company.

I wish I had pictures of our Ward party but it was CRAZY!  I can't believe how many people we had show up.  People were eating in the Relief Society room because the cultural hall was full.  I showed up an hour late (I had been taking Ellie up to a party in Mesa) and there was still a line for food.  So basically I spent all my time making sure I knew where Luke was.  I didn't even see my other two.

I was really lucky to be able to go to each of the kids' class parties.  Miraculously they were all scheduled back to back and I was chosen in the lotteries.  And even better, I wasn't room mom so I didn't have to plan a single one.  It was really nice to just show up and hang out.

 
For Sadie's party they made gingerbread houses, exchanged books and had a snack.  It was pretty cute and the kids were really well behaved.  Kindergarteners are always the best behaved.


Nate's party was probably the most boring.  They had 15 minutes at each station -- BINGO (have I ever told you how much I hate BINGO??  No?  Well, I do), decorating *a* cookie (as in ONE, and only one), and making a snowman out of marshmallows (like gluing them on a paper in the shape of a snowman).  The kids were really really bored as none of those are 15 minute worthy activities and it was loud and crazy with kids running everywhere.  Pinterest.  Nuff said.


Ellie's was last and they made snow globes, ate snacks and payed Minute To Win It games.  The big kids are always so much fun to be around and we didn't play BINGO -- so I'll give this party two thumbs up.  Think I could get my own reality show going around and judging class parties?


Sadly no pictures from Dustin's work party.  Probably because I had a melt down right before we were suppose to leave.  I had a dress I had planned on wearing and I could not find the belt to go with it.  Dustin didn't get why I wouldn't just throw on another dress, but Dustin's not a girl is he?  My babysitter was here and everything and I was still tearing the house apart. I just knew the kids had used it as some prop in a game.  I eventually just put on another dress and we left.  Two days I was doing the laundry and guess what I found in the basket??

We also had our annual neighborhood party.  8 years of the best neighbors ever (even if half of them have moved).

Jill hosted this year and did an amazing job planning games.  Luke's favorite was Junk in the Trunk -- where you stick the ping pong balls in a kleenex box and tie it around your waist.  He played that by himself the entire night.


And finally we went to a little MISM reunion (all the people Dustin did his grad school program with at BYU) at a friend of Dustin's.  It's always a little scary to go hang out with people you know through your husband because you have no idea what you're going to get.  And to be honest, I didn't remember a single one of them.  Of course the second we get there, Dustin gets a phone call and disappears for a good half hour.

Luckily everyone was really nice and I really really loved one of the wives.  Unfortunately she lives on the other side of the valley so I had to break the news that we could never be friends because I don't even drive into Mesa.  It turns out the friend who hosted is also dating a girl Dustin and I knew when we were dating so it was fun to catch up with her and mutual friends.  Which was funny because right as we pulled up I said, "Why haven't we set Adam up with Malorie yet?"  Guess the answer was just waiting in the kitchen.  And we know her.

No comments: