layout

12/12/2012

The Crazy Cookie Lady

I am friends with the Crazy Cookie Lady.  She is fabulous.  Last year she had just been re-boundaried (I'm sure that's not an actual word, but if you're Mormon you totally know what it means) into our Ward and I finagled an invite to her now-famous Cookie Exchange.  Half of my brain was thinking. "ARE YOU CRAZY??  120 cookies?? That's a ridiculous amount of cookies."  But then the part of me that loves cookies shut her up.

Laurie moved this summer so I wasn't banking on a re-invite.  And half of my brain said, "That's totally cool because you don't need to be eating 144 cookies."  (Laurie makes 360 cookies, so each of the 10 guests takes home a full 12 dozen). But then the invitation arrived!!  And I had to admit I really really wanted to go back.  I was giddy with excitement and stressed about finding the perfect cookie.

I ended up making cream cheese cookies:
1 cup butter
1 sm pkg of Cream Cheese (3oz)
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2.5 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter and cream cheese . Slowly add sugar beat until fluffy
Beat in egg yolk, add flour and vanilla. Mix Well. Chill dough
For at least 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 mins.

Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons of butter
1 grated lemon rind

Cream butter and add sugar slowly add lemon juice and rind.
Spread on warm cookies 


 (mine are the blue ones)

The party was amazing -- as expected.  Laurie is an amazing hostess.  Her house is gorgeous and she has impeccable style.  The dinner was delicious, the company was fantastic, and there were even gift bags (chocolates, caramels, nuts and flirty aprons).

It's fun going back because you start to get to know the regulars and there are always fun new additions.  It was such a great night -- I'm already looking forward to next year.

No comments: