layout

12/01/2012

Birthday Goals

Last year I set a few goals to accomplish before my 32nd birthday, so I figured I'd do the same before my 33rd.  Big mistake.  My only goal for my 34th year -- don't judge yourself based on the number of goals you have accomplished.  Be content.

First off, I didn't even come up with 33 goals.  How's that for failing?  Here's my half-hearted attempt at a list.

One's I accomplished

1. Find the best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe.  This was it's second year on the list, so glad I could cross if off after my bake-off.


2. Hike Mayan ruins in Guatemala. I should probably blog our trip to Belize sometime.

3. Scuba dive in Belize.

4. Zip Line.

4. Teach my kids to ride their bikes.  Does it count if they just did it on their own?

5. Make a new friend. This is another recurring list one, but I think everyone should try to step outside themselves each year and make new friends.  I actually made a few new friends this year, but I'm probably most grateful for a group of girls I met to run with because my very favorite running buddy got pregnant.  Both of these helped me accomplish the nest two items on my list.


6. See a live birth. I was able to see my gorgeous girlfriend deliver her beautiful baby boy just a week after my birthday -- so I'm still counting it.

8. Sign up for a marathon.  I am terrified.  Horrified.  I don't want to do this anymore.  I may get pregnant just so I have an excuse to drop out.  Maybe I'll make that a goal for this year.  Oh wait -- Im not setting goals this year.

9. Throw Luke an actual birthday party.  First birthday party for Luke.  EVER!  Oh was it fun!  Complete with a waterslide and props.
 And then we even threw him another one!

10. Beat an 8 minute mile on a half marathon. But then I stopped pushing myself and I am so slow.

11. Girl's Trip. Newport with my girlfriends.  I actually think a girl's trip should be on everyone's list each year too.  Along with a trip with your husband and no kids.

12. Potty train Luke.  Check.  Too bad he prefers buck naked to underwear.  And still refuses to leave the crib.

13. Hike the Y.  Every single one of us!

14. See the Angel Moroni placed on the Temple.

15. Baptize Nate on my birthday. 


16. Get Sadie swimming.

17. Homecoming in Provo.  I have the best memories from our October trips.

 18. Read 52 books.  I read 57!  Here's my goodreads page if you love to read as much as (or more than) I do.

19. Grand Canyon.  Next time we'll hike down.



FAIL!
1. Send more packages/mail
2. Read Harry Potter 1 with my kids (yes 2nd year on the list)
3. Go on a one-on-one date with each of my kids (also a repeat that has yet to be accomplished)
4. Blog book.  So close.  I formatted 2007 last week.  Of course now I need to order it.
5. See cousins from the Rogers' family.  This actually is a MUST do for 2013
6. Master my Grandma's cinnamon roll recipe
7. Shoot a gun.
8. Lose 5 pounds.  What if I GAINED 5 pounds??
9. Give away more and buy less.
10. Blog more. 
11. Get to know neighbors more.  I threw a Halloween party.  But I could definitely do more.

No comments: