layout

3/07/2013

Down and Derby

We actually watched that movie in order to prepare ourselves for Nate's first Pinewood Derby.  I actually had to force the kids to watch it (on the recommendation of one of my running girlfriends) but by the end they were all crying when our piano teacher showed up during the final run.  And then Dustin made us re-watch it the next morning since he had missed it for church meetings.

It's pretty terrible, I'm not really recommending it, but it's on Netflix and totally worth it if you've got one coming up.

Dustin and Nate may have spent more time watching the movie than  working on the car.  The started about 3 days before the main event, but I'm so proud because it was all Nate.  He designed the car, sanded the car, painted the car, decorated the car. . .  I was slightly disturbed that he picked red for his car, but you've got to let them make their own choices.  He got there and some kid had a BYU car so Dustin came home with car envy.

All in all, Nate came in top 5!  Awesome for his very first, home made, last minute car.  I was at home since Luke had passed out in my bed and kept getting video after video of Nate winning races. It was no "Fluke" but it was a great Red Rocket.


No comments: